User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty simple install really. Make sure you take all the right tools for the job up there with you and you may want a helper on the ground in the event you need to raise or lower the vent itself (cost me a couple trips up and down the first time I installed them.)

I've put them on a few different campers now and will be installing them on our new one this weekend. I have a few pics from previous installs as I do like to document most of my mods to help others out with pics and can take more if you'd like.

My previous rig I had to drill holes to mount the brackets and the secure them from the inside.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of kinds of vents, one hinges the other is fixed. I opted for the fixed for under $20 each. The vent cover on the bedroom of my 2150RB was simple, no fan in this unit. The bath cover was a bit more challenging. The fan was in the way of where the corner bracket screws go. Dropped the whole inside assembly down and it was simple.

BTW, when the inside was removed the amount of crap in the unit was amazing. I’m sure GDRV sweeps the floor and puts it in the ceilings of the rigs they build.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sne1 View Post
    I am receiving my Maxxair covers in the mail, soon. The YouTube videos make install look easy. Any possible mishaps or problems I need to avoid? Easy to ask now than be sorry later! Thanks Tomm
    Our covers were put on at the dealer. I had to go up on the roof and move one of them. The vent wouldn’t shut because it was hitting the cover. So, my advice to you is to make sure that the vent will open and close in the position you’ve selected for the cover.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed 3 of these just about 1 year ago. Have several thousand miles of travels since then and they work great. Super simple install with the clips.Like being able to keep the vents open in the rain.
    One caveat, GD may have gotten a bit aggressive with the Dicor sealant around your fan. A couple of the posts the clips fit into had sealant all over them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed 3 black Maxxair last week, for straight forward install. Had hurricane style sideways rain today. 2 1/2 inches in 2 hours. I could not find a drop of water in the TT. All vents wide open. Happy camper, here!
    Lakeland FL.
    2016 1500 Ram Crew
    2019- imagine-2150RB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only suggestion is if you have to drill the holes to mount the brackets take a piece of scrap 1/4" plywood and place it on the roof so that your drill chuck does not rub on the rubber membrane. They are not that hard to put on and as already said the first one is the hardest. Good Luck.

Jim
    Jim and Cal
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 5.9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12