User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now with this info in mind, can I expect a better price on same model but 2019 as apposed to ordering a 2020? I'm assuming this is somewhat like the auto industry where previous model years still on the lot at the end of the month are going to be the best deals?

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak8902 View Post
    Now with this info in mind, can I expect a better price on same model but 2019 as apposed to ordering a 2020? I'm assuming this is somewhat like the auto industry where previous model years still on the lot at the end of the month are going to be the best deals?
    Dealers pay what they pay and it sits. There is no floor plan percentage they buy their inventory. So you'll see similar "deals"as ordering but they aren't really deals as the unit is s year old or almost two depending on when you buy.

Reality is you can score that unit for around 30% off at the right dealer maybe 35% with delivery added it's all a game and it's hard to really nail down profit items between sales and the general baloney you hear when people talk money. Anyway you'll be paying almost there same for a year old.

You'll get an easier deal on a leftover. Not much better if you shop.

Be happy at 27 to 30% no additions of pdi or delivery. That's a good price and you might shave a few points on a year old but why? It's sat and rotted a year already, if it moved in the winter the suspension is probably rusted. Just get the new one.

If you want to save, try and find one on RV trader from another owner and low ball them. You'll find someone willing to take a hair cut to unload but you'll have to be patient and not picky.
    Last edited by Aridon; 07-10-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Dealers pay what they pay and it sits. There is no floor plan percentage they buy their inventory. So you'll see similar "deals"as ordering but they aren't really deals as the unit is s year old or almost two depending on when you buy.

Reality is you can score that unit for around 30% off at the right dealer maybe 35% with delivery added it's all a game and it's hard to really nail down profit items between sales and the general baloney you hear when people talk money. Anyway you'll be paying almost there same for a year old.

You'll get an easier deal on a leftover. Not much better if you shop.

Be happy at 27 to 30% no additions of pdi or delivery. That's a good price and you might shave a few points on a year old but why? It's sat and rotted a year already, if it moved in the winter the suspension is probably rusted. Just get the new one.

If you want to save, try and find one on RV trader from another owner and low ball them. You'll find someone willing to take a hair cut to unload but you'll have to be patient and not picky.
    You know, it's funny. You confirmed what I was just talking to my girlfriend about last night. All I hear is how you want to keep campers out of the elements and I'd never want to move it during the winter but if I'm buying a 2019, that's exactly what I'm up against. This seals the deal for me. I'm going to go new. I have seen 2019s on the lot with rust on them and this explains why. I thought it was strange when I was looking at a 2018 GD 2250rk used on the lot that was pristine and then walked over to a new 2019 only to find rust all over it.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the deals depend alot on what part of the country you're in. Some areas you can get a great deal of 30+% off, other areas, it's a struggle to get 25%. Willing to travel helps, but how far are you willing to travel?

Depending on your mechanical aptitude, if you have to rely on a local dealer for repairs, then buying from the local guy does have it's upside. As pointed out, that can be countered by using mobile tech's. But you have to pay up first (I believe) and get reimbursed by the warranty. If you can deal with that, it's an option for sure.

Here's a link to a site that lists dealer costs https://seedealercost.com/recreational-vehicles/

I don't know how accurate it is, but worth looking at. Just be reasonable in your offer once you find what you want. Remember, the dealer has to make a profit as well.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    I think the deals depend alot on what part of the country you're in. Some areas you can get a great deal of 30+% off, other areas, it's a struggle to get 25%. Willing to travel helps, but how far are you willing to travel?

Depending on your mechanical aptitude, if you have to rely on a local dealer for repairs, then buying from the local guy does have it's upside. As pointed out, that can be countered by using mobile tech's. But you have to pay up first (I believe) and get reimbursed by the warranty. If you can deal with that, it's an option for sure.

Here's a link to a site that lists dealer costs https://seedealercost.com/recreational-vehicles/

I don't know how accurate it is, but worth looking at. Just be reasonable in your offer once you find what you want. Remember, the dealer has to make a profit as well.

Mike
    Agreed. I'm just looking to get a good deal and not pay more than I should. And yes, I'm pretty handy and plan on doing a lot of work myself. Also, I have heard horror stories regarding the quality and timeliness of dealership repairs. One of the thing that has attracted me to Grand Design is that, from what I understand, I can get warranty work done by a 3rd party as long as they are certified. Is that correct?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMOO - When is the best time to buy your rig - is right after it arrives at the dealership!!
    Any amount of time it sits on the dealers lot, and 1,000 kids go through it with little to no supervision including their "adults" that really don't care about damage, only adds to what needs to be fixed after you purchase it!!
    That's if you notice it during the PDI.
    I've seen it first hand, a little one ripping the drawer front right off of the cabinet and then walks away... oh and the parents, they witnessed it - and then they simply left the in a rush out the door and didn't say one word to anyone afterwards.
    and on to the next rig...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    IMOO - When is the best time to buy your rig - is right after it arrives at the dealership!!
    Any amount of time it sits on the dealers lot, and 1,000 kids go through it with little to no supervision including their "adults" that really don't care about damage, only adds to what needs to be fixed after you purchase it!!
    That's if you notice it during the PDI.
    I've seen it first hand, a little one ripping the drawer front right off of the cabinet and then walks away... oh and the parents, they witnessed it - and then they simply left the in a rush out the door and didn't say one word to anyone afterwards.
    and on to the next rig...
    Yikes ... I was cringing thinking about all the people going through these units on the lot over and over again over a 1-2 year period.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought ours in Oct from the dealers lot. The build date was September. we got approximately 29% of MSRP plus a few extras thrown in
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    We bought ours in Oct from the dealers lot. The build date was September. we got approximately 29% of MSRP plus a few extras thrown in
    Thanks for the info GeoffnCheri!!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a recent design change for the interior for mid year 2020 models: https://youtu.be/Jxv6am-Fw70

If you like the older cappuccino color snatch it up or decide if you want the pebble interior.

Some of the mid year 2020 changes include:

-Solid step main entry
    -Metal slam latch baggage doors
    -Roller shades every window
    -6' coily break away cable
    -Enhanced pots & pans drawer w/adjustable pegs
    -Double sided interior panels doors
    -Full length headboard w/ lights
    Last edited by cleazenby; 07-16-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast