User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cleazenby View Post
    There was a recent design change for the interior for mid year 2020 models: https://youtu.be/Jxv6am-Fw70

If you like the older cappuccino color snatch it up or decide if you want the pebble interior.

Some of the mid year 2020 changes include:

-Solid step main entry
    -Metal slam latch baggage doors
    -Roller shades every window
    -6' coily break away cable
    -Enhanced pots & pans drawer w/adjustable pegs
    -Double sided interior panels doors
    -Full length headboard w/ lights
    Thanks Clint! I'm not sure I'm a fan of the pebble. But we'll have to see what "corporate" says.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in the Chicago area and bought a new 2016 310 GK that had been built a year prior to when I bought it. I had done research on the model, the year, and asked around a bit. Of course, by that time the 2017 models had been out for 6 months.

If I'm not mistaken the 2020 models should have been out now since about April. So if you are not locked into the "new" features of the 2020 models I believe you could get an exceptional deal on a 2019.

You will need to do a bit of work on the internet searching for dealers that have the model you are lookng for but I found that was part of the fun. We ended up buying from Youngblood in Paducah, KY and were very happy with the dealer, Grand Design, and the deal we got!

Dave
    New RVers
    2016 Ford F-250 SRW
    2017 Solitude 310GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best time

The best time absolutely is the last two days of the year. They all want one more deal for the year !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak8902 View Post
    On a side note, there is a dealer near us that has a GD2250RK on the lot used. It's a 2018 with a $21,900 sticker on it right now. Very good condition from what I can see.

Is buying used a bad idea?
    I don't buy new. I let somebody else suck up the depreciation. New or used you are going to have some problems but in my own case, those problems are fixed by the time that I buy. I think the sweet spot is probably two to three years old. I did, however, purchase a 2017 GD last year that was one year old and used only four times. The older couple wren't going to pull a trailer anymore because he just had eye surgery. It was heavily discounted.

If you're patient, you can find those deals. Four months ago I purchased a 2017 Indian Scout that had only 46 miles on it. Seems the guy bought it and died but the bank couldn't get to it until recently. It was one-third less than buying a new one.
    Retired SF Sergeant Major
    Retired Sheriff's detective

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to jump in so late int he conversation. If i missed it, sorry. anyhow, i would try to get the selling dealer to suck up the cost of at least one year aftermarket warranty. that may help with the deal, or at least do some checking and see what they cost and have the dealer discount some to off set some cost. this of course if you are not familiar with little repairs or some major stuff. My next one may be use also as it has been best for me in the past as all the stuff needing repair had already been done. good luck
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great choice to make �� I have the 2250RK and we love it !! Welcome to the forum ��
    2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty Hemi 6.4 4x4
    2019 GD Imagine 2250RK
    Companions: VinDiesel & Luna

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went through this process and pick my 2500rl up tomorrow. From what I see all the dealers more or less advertise full msrp there and ask you to email for best price. I checked all the dealers in a 125 mile radius. Prices were all over the spectrum. The one I purchased from simply shot me a great price (~35% off MSRP) the first time. No funky mandating financing or jockeying numbers. Even threw in a new hitch of my choice with the purchase.

Good luck with your search.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I just went through this process and pick my 2500rl up tomorrow. From what I see all the dealers more or less advertise full msrp there and ask you to email for best price. I checked all the dealers in a 125 mile radius. Prices were all over the spectrum. The one I purchased from simply shot me a great price (~35% off MSRP) the first time. No funky mandating financing or jockeying numbers. Even threw in a new hitch of my choice with the purchase.

Good luck with your search.
    Wow, that sounds like a better discount than most get off MSRP based on my research. Enjoy!!
    2019 Ford F250 CCSB 6.7L
    2017 Polaris RZR 1000XP
    Next - Momentum? ????

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    Wow, that sounds like a better discount than most get off MSRP based on my research. Enjoy!!
    Let me correct my number. I did that number above in my head and I was off. It actually worked out to be 28% off MSRP including the hitch. Not quite as great, but still really good compared to what I have saw with the other dealers. MSRP for the unit is $35,963. I checked maybe 6 dealers in my area. Several came close to this offer, but had fees that drove up the price. I just emailed each one and told them I was price shopping and wanted their best price with an Equalizer 1K/10K hitch. Pretty easy. This guy was the best price and I liked that he was a straight shooter.

OP- I read somewhere expect to get between 30% and 35% off MSRP. Knowing that I would recommend you just start asking around.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    Let me correct my number. I did that number above in my head and I was off. It actually worked out to be 28% off MSRP including the hitch. Not quite as great, but still really good compared to what I have saw with the other dealers. MSRP for the unit is $35,963. I checked maybe 6 dealers in my area. Several came close to this offer, but had fees that drove up the price. I just emailed each one and told them I was price shopping and wanted their best price with an Equalizer 1K/10K hitch. Pretty easy. This guy was the best price and I liked that he was a straight shooter.

OP- I read somewhere expect to get between 30% and 35% off MSRP. Knowing that I would recommend you just start asking around.
    Still a good deal. Thanks for the correction!
    2019 Ford F250 CCSB 6.7L
    2017 Polaris RZR 1000XP
    Next - Momentum? ????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast