User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something else I should have mentioned. I had originally been pricing new 2019's thinking I would get a better deal as opposed to the 2020s. Totally wrong. I got this 2020 for a better price than the other dealers were pitching 2019's. If for resale alone I would price the 2020s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you get a chance, try to get one of the "FOUR POINT" Anti Sway equalizer hitch. they are a bit more expensive, but the best in my opinion. I have a fifth wheel now, but when we had bumper pull, the switch from the old style sway control to the four point system was awesome and i realized that i should have done it way earlier. you can go on to the equalizer hitch website and check out hte few minute video. good luck ! ! !
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you look underneath at the frame and suspension system for rust. Some new ones will even look rusty especially if the dealer didn’t clean them after delivery during the winter.
    My thoughts on buying one at a show is so many people and kids walking and running thru the unit you are thinking of buying. Kids have drinks in their hand. Sitting all over the furniture. No thank you. We have ordered our 2 Reflections from the factory. Once the dealer got it the door is locked and a sold sign has been put on it. Is it possible a salesman has let someone look inside sure. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SF-SGM View Post
    I don't buy new. I let somebody else suck up the depreciation. New or used you are going to have some problems but in my own case, those problems are fixed by the time that I buy. I think the sweet spot is probably two to three years old. I did, however, purchase a 2017 GD last year that was one year old and used only four times. The older couple wren't going to pull a trailer anymore because he just had eye surgery. It was heavily discounted.

If you're patient, you can find those deals. Four months ago I purchased a 2017 Indian Scout that had only 46 miles on it. Seems the guy bought it and died but the bank couldn't get to it until recently. It was one-third less than buying a new one.
    This was my line of thinking too. The 2018 we are looking at is in pristine condition with sway bar and weight distribution hitch included. Although, what they are offering for a sale price is not far off of simply buying a new 2019 after I add an extended warranty. I may try to hammer them down on the price of the 2018 and go with just a simply 1-2 yr warranty to protect against any big problems. I'm not worried about the small stuff. I'm pretty handy. I just don't want to end up with a disaster on my hands.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234