User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best time to buy a new GD

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and new to RVing period. I do not own a camper yet but I have decided on a GD 2250RK. Now the big question is "When will I get the best deal?".

My own internal logic tells me wait until the big show in September (I'm in the Syracuse area) and if I don't get a great deal there, be patient and wait for a better deal sometime between November and February.

Any thoughts? Strategies? Thank you all in advance for any help you can offer.

Great forum by the way!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome mikmak8902!

Time of year likely has less to do with getting a deal than which dealer you purchase from. RV’s are selling like hot cakes now, and dealers are not desperate to sell. Certain dealers around the country seem more willing to deal than others.

Generally speaking, you should be able to get at least 20% off MSRP. Some say you can get as much as 33% off if you try hard enough. I believe at this moment around 25% off is doing well. So shop around, get deals in writing, and use those quotes at other dealerships.

As far as after sale service, you can use any service shop or mobile tech if necessary, as dealerships are generally slow and sometimes inferior in their service dept. Mobile techs will cost you the service call fee though during the warranty period.

Read through different subjects on this forum regarding purchasing and pre delivery inspections. Good luck!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve! I appreciate the help.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a side note, there is a dealer near us that has a GD2250RK on the lot used. It's a 2018 with a $21,900 sticker on it right now. Very good condition from what I can see.

Is buying used a bad idea?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak8902 View Post
    On a side note, there is a dealer near us that has a GD2250RK on the lot used. It's a 2018 with a $21,900 sticker on it right now. Very good condition from what I can see.

No, that’s fine. Just make sure you do a good PDI. You can hire someone to look it over, or take a knowledgeable friend with you. Make sure all systems work and exterior looks free of prior leaks or leaking points.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great ... thank you.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmak8902 View Post
    2018 is good, when buying used be aware some RV parks do not allow RV's older than 10 years.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    2018 is good, when buying used be aware some RV parks do not allow RV's older than 10 years.
    Very good info. Thank you. I don't plan on going any earlier than maybe 2017.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time of year doesn't matter nor does buying at a show.

Contact a few dealers, one at a time, via email with something like this:

Hi,

I am a serious buyer, ready to purchase a Grand Design <Make Model>. I am interested in ordering this unit from the factory, the options sheet is attached to this email at a price of $xx,xxx. This price is inclusive of dealer PDI, delivery and any setup fees. Please contact me within 48 hours if you would like to make a quick and easy sale. I will be down the next day to sign paperwork and leave a deposit.

Sincerely,

Your name

Go to the grand design web page and price out your rig.

Take 27% off the price. GD price multiplied by .73.

You got a good deal and the dealer will make some money and everyone is happy. If you are married to the small local dealer don't expect to get a good price, its an RV, go pick it up and make a trip of it.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Time of year doesn't matter nor does buying at a show.

Contact a few dealers, one at a time, via email with something like this:

Hi,

I am a serious buyer, ready to purchase a Grand Design <Make Model>. I am interested in ordering this unit from the factory, the options sheet is attached to this email at a price of $xx,xxx. This price is inclusive of dealer PDI, delivery and any setup fees. Please contact me within 48 hours if you would like to make a quick and easy sale. I will be down the next day to sign paperwork and leave a deposit.

Sincerely,

Your name

Go to the grand design web page and price out your rig.

Take 27% off the price. GD price multiplied by .73.

You got a good deal and the dealer will make some money and everyone is happy. If you are married to the small local dealer don't expect to get a good price, its an RV, go pick it up and make a trip of it.
    Thanks Aridon! Great info! And I'm not married to the small local dealer. I will travel a few hundred miles to get the best deal if I need to. I'll just turn the pick up into a vacation!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast