User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Today I got a VIN number. No window sticker yet. The build is scheduled for 8/12. It's looking like towards the end of August for ETA - that'd be ~13'ish weeks. Maybe there's a rush on these to beat the likely price increase for 2020?
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Today I got a VIN number. No window sticker yet. The build is scheduled for 8/12. It's looking like towards the end of August for ETA - that'd be ~13'ish weeks. Maybe there's a rush on these to beat the likely price increase for 2020?
    At least that’s progress and good news.

it’s likely that the dealership didn’t have an allocation available. That’s what happened with my order back in July that finally arrived in September. 8 weeks after order my dealer had to get their factory rep to give him an additional allocation to get a vin and schedule the build date.

Bigger dealerships seem to have more allocations where special orders can be scheduled sooner.

Now your getting closer and the wait will seem longer.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure if this tracking site will work but it’s worth a try.
    https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

F350s sometimes for some reason don’t show up on that tracking site while F250s do.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That link above does work; thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There used to be Cotus and Etes(?) To follow order. Mine was around 5 weeks.....been awhile but here is a screenshot. Think dealer holds order for a week for any changes customer might want? Mine came in June but I was on vacation and got it early July.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Studio_20190711_070828.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	21279
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 weeks. Order went in 8/24/18 and the truck was delivered 11/1. I drove it home on 11/2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Delivered!.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	21316

It seems to me that the waits have gotten shorter recently. Maybe the volume of orders has slowed down. Ford starts taking orders for 2020 Super Duties next month.
    2019 F250 Platinum, 6.7, LB, FX4, High Capacity Tow Package
    B & W Companion
    2019 303RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered mine on April 30th of this year and it came in on June 12th. Due to a camping trip that weekend I had to wait and pick it up on the 17th. That was a long 5 days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Closer to 10 weeks . . .

Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    It's been exactly 8 weeks since I ordered my F-350. Dealer said it would be "about" 8 weeks. I fully expected it to take longer than 8 weeks but as of today the dealer has no idea of the delivery date. I can understand the lead time will vary due to other orders at the factory but not knowing after 2 months seems odd. For those who ordered a custom Ford truck recently, what have your experiences been? Will I know at least a couple weeks before delivery when to expect it? Or will I just get a call someday from the dealer who says, "It's here"? Thanks!
    Ordered mine in early February this year and the dealer told me between 10 and 11 weeks. They had my VIN Number available in the 8th week to track the progress. It just depends on what options you picked if you ordered from the factory

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours on Thurs. April 18 ( the order was not sent until at least the 23rd) and we got it Mon. June 24th. It got to the dealership on the Thursday before, but needed some prep time. This was from Kentucky plant to Toronto, then to the dealer about 30mi away.
    I was told by my sales rep that orders were “picked” on the 20th of each month, then scheduled for production after that. On the 18th of May, we were given our VIN, told us the build date was June 8, with delivery about first week of July. This was great for us as we were not originally expecting it until August. We were so excited, we went out and bought our 28bh (lol...not really, they changed the floor plans for the 2020 and we wanted to be sure to get a 2019). All in, 9 1/2 weeks from deposit to delivery.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I special ordered my 2019 Ford F-350 DRW on July 5, 2018. It arrived at the rail yard in Tampa on Thursday September 13 and was delivered to the dealer on Friday. It was ready for me to pickup on Saturday Sept 15, 2018. Hard to wait ... but worth every minute to get it just the way I wanted it..!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast