User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long did it take to get your Ford truck delivered?

It's been exactly 8 weeks since I ordered my F-350. Dealer said it would be "about" 8 weeks. I fully expected it to take longer than 8 weeks but as of today the dealer has no idea of the delivery date. I can understand the lead time will vary due to other orders at the factory but not knowing after 2 months seems odd. For those who ordered a custom Ford truck recently, what have your experiences been? Will I know at least a couple weeks before delivery when to expect it? Or will I just get a call someday from the dealer who says, "It's here"? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine was delivered in 10 weeks back in September.

By now a vin number should have been assigned. Ask the dealer for the vin number and call ford customer service with it and they will be able to track the order. They should be able to give you an update.

My vin wasn’t assigned until 6 weeks after order. Then it was built 10 days later and delivered at 10 weeks from order

Here’s the order fulfillment screen snapshot my dealer sent me at 6 weeks confirming the vin.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add on. Push the dealership for info.

After my vin was assigned they sent me the window sticker. After it was built they sent me railroad car number it was in so I could track it. After it arrived at the rail station they sent me a copy of trucker order that it was in route from the rail station.

On rail car

Delivery from rail port to dealership

Last edited by Jerryr; 07-10-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orbsah: Your dealer has access online to the status of all his orders and who knows why he wouldn't take the time to tell you scheduled production dates, etc.

I once ordered an Expedition, and had it in less than 2 weeks. But of course, the girl managing the Ford region's distribution at the time used to work for me and she had a production slot to fill.

Sometimes manufacturers will have especially hot selling vehicles, and their Dealer Sales Representative will hold certain models 'hostage' for when he needs the dealer to order a bunch of slow selling models. I ran into a dealer once that didn't want to sell me my F250 on Ford's A plan because he had to scratch Ford's back to get it. If I was ordering a new truck and wanted it extra quick, I'd be ordering it through one of the truly hot sales dealerships that Ford owes favors to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2019 F250 took 4 weeks in December
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I special ordered a F-350 SRW Limited on April 22nd and took delivery on June 5th.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m pretty sure mine took 12-weeks.

EDIT to add:

I checked my old spreadsheet.
    Ordered 6/2
    Accepted and VIN issued 6/23 (21 days)
    Window sticker 7/19 (47 days)
    Build starts 7/25 (53 days)
    Shipped 8/12 (71 days)
    Delivery 8/23 (82 days)
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 07-10-2019 at 10:28 AM. Reason: more info
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 weeks for my second F350. [emoji23]I was OK with that especially since I got a $3K PCO later in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    It's been exactly 8 weeks since I ordered my F-350. Dealer said it would be "about" 8 weeks. I fully expected it to take longer than 8 weeks but as of today the dealer has no idea of the delivery date. I can understand the lead time will vary due to other orders at the factory but not knowing after 2 months seems odd. For those who ordered a custom Ford truck recently, what have your experiences been? Will I know at least a couple weeks before delivery when to expect it? Or will I just get a call someday from the dealer who says, "It's here"? Thanks!
    I think that speaks loudly of the lack of customer service from your dealership. They can get you an update in just a couple of minutes! Doesn't sound like they're interested in their long term relationship with you as a customer.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took about 5 weeks for mine back in January. That was for an F-250 out of Kentucky Truck where they are built.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast