Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Water Pump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Water Pump

Was sanitizing my lines today. The pump did not pull the solution as expected. Not even sure if the lines were full. Pulled very weak, used to do this with a a Trail Cruiser and it would fill the lines quickly. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Was sanitizing my lines today. The pump did not pull the solution as expected. Not even sure if the lines were full. Pulled very weak, used to do this with a a Trail Cruiser and it would fill the lines quickly. Am I missing something?
    There's some discussion in this thread I started - the thread started with me asking about replacing the pump but includes some before-replacement advice.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...highlight=pump

There are other threads here devoted to this common problem, use the search facility. Probably the most common solution is to remove the cone screen from your water inlet and put it in backwards, which presses open a check-valve in the inlet behind the screen so that your pump doesn't have to overcome its resistance. If pumping from a jug of sanitizer, keep the jug up near the level of the inlet, not down on the ground, again so the pump doesn't have so much work to do pulling the liquid uphill.

As you'll see near the end of the thread I ended up replacing my Lippert pump with a Shurflo 4008. The new pump immediately sucked like a champ. The Lippert pump, which had never been used AFAIK, was junk. A LOT of people show up here with this problem - the pump is at best not a strong performer - but the tricks you'll find may help you overcome its shortcomings.

P.S. Don't forget to put the cone screen back the right way after you've sanitized, else you'll pump the contents of your fresh tank out into the Nautilus area!

Welcome to the forum!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch