User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't Buy Tic Tac Tles, they don't stick

After I did our backsplash in the kitchen and bathroom with Tic Tac Tles I was very happy with the results and how the end product looked. Then in less than a week I started having problems with them peeling. So I would stick them back up with a little 3M adhesive, and sure enough, they would peel again. Now I am having entire sheets peel off. Yesterday I went out and put all of the sheets back on the wall and in less than 24 hours they are peeling again. The pictures were taken today after putting them back up yesterday. I should have spent the money and installed Smart Tiles. It seems they actually stick. I have already ordered some so they will be here when we get back from our next trip and these tiles are going in the trash and will be replaced with Smart Tiles Metro Mia. I contacted Tic Tac Tiles because they have a one year guaranty and all they said was that their tiles will stick if properly installed and without proof of how they were installed they cannot help. ??????? Live and learn.

So anyone thinking of adding a backsplash in their camper stay away from Tic Tac Tiles products.

Dale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190710_123131 - Copy.jpg   20190710_123101 - Copy.jpg   20190710_123057 - Copy.jpg   20190710_123122 - Copy.jpg   20190710_123158 - Copy.jpg  

Dale & Tammy
    Retired U. S Army and Retired Helicopter Pilot
    2021 Ford F-350, 6.7L Diesel, 4x4, Lariat Ultimate
    2018 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK (sold)
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that stinks. Looked good and was probably a decent amount of work. Better luck with the smart tiles. Please post some updated pics.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale G View Post
    After I did our backsplash in the kitchen and bathroom with Tic Tac Tles I was very happy with the results and how the end product looked. Then in less than a week I started having problems with them peeling. So I would stick them back up with a little 3M adhesive, and sure enough, they would peel again. Now I am having entire sheets peel off. Yesterday I went out and put all of the sheets back on the wall and in less than 24 hours they are peeling again. The pictures were taken today after putting them back up yesterday. I should have spent the money and installed Smart Tiles. It seems they actually stick. I have already ordered some so they will be here when we get back from our next trip and these tiles are going in the trash and will be replaced with Smart Tiles Metro Mia. I contacted Tic Tac Tiles because they have a one year guaranty and all they said was that their tiles will stick if properly installed and without proof of how they were installed they cannot help. ??????? Live and learn.

So anyone thinking of adding a backsplash in their camper stay away from Tic Tac Tiles products.

Dale
    Dale,
    I'm not familiar with this product, but I can tell you that IF you did not apply a primer or sealer to the RV wallcovering, that's EXACTLY what will happen.
    I installed a real stone product that had an adhesive butyl rubber backing and not only did I prime the wall area first, but I also applied dabs of adhesive every 3 sq inches in addition to the product's adhesive..
    This was done a year ago and has never peeled away. Just an FYI for you and others who may benefit from the info.
    Michael Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190110_123848%20-%20Copy-1.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	21254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181223_104342.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	21256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181222_161557.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	21257

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    Well that stinks. Looked good and was probably a decent amount of work. Better luck with the smart tiles. Please post some updated pics.
    It will be a few weeks but as soon as I get it done I will post new pictures.
    At first I thought the Tic Tac Tiles peeling was my fault because it was a little cooler than they recommend when I put up the first ones. But when I finished the project the temperatures were well above what they recommend and those are peeling worse than the others. I just think there adhesive is weak.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikgala View Post
    Dale,
    I'm not familiar with this product, but I can tell you that IF you did not apply a primer or sealer to the RV wallcovering, that's EXACTLY what will happen.
    I installed a real stone product that had an adhesive butyl rubber backing and not only did I prime the wall area first, but I also applied dabs of adhesive every 3 sq inches in addition to the product's adhesive..
    This was done a year ago and has never peeled away. Just an FYI for you and others who may benefit from the info.
    Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    What did you prime the wall with?
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed SmartTiles 5 years ago in the kitchen and bathroom and not one has peeled. The only prep I did was washed the wall with DeNatured Alcohol and let it dry thouugly
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I installed SmartTiles 5 years ago in the kitchen and bathroom and not one has peeled. The only prep I did was washed the wall with DeNatured Alcohol and let it dry thouugly
    Thanks, I had wiped the walls down with alcohol even though the camper is fairly new and we never fry anything inside but I thought it couldn't hurt, but they still peeled. Tic Tac Tiles just wrote me back and said if I remove the defective tiles they will examine them and issue a refund if they find them defective. If they weren't defective wouldn't they stick to the wall?

It is good to know that the Smart Tiles are sticking because I have already ordered some. I just hate having to do this twice because it was not that easy.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the same as WhittleBurner. Cleaned walls and used Smart Tiles. It’s been over a year and all is well!
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    I did the same as WhittleBurner. Cleaned walls and used Smart Tiles. It’s been over a year and all is well!
    Thanks, I appreciate the information. I should have spent the money for the Smart Tiles to begin with and saved myself a lot of hassle.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tic Tac Tiles just sent me a return label to mail the tile sheets back to them. As soon as we return from camping I will pull them down and mail them back. It will be interesting to see what they say about them. They claim they will stick if installed properly but most of the reviews since I bought mine complain of the same thing, they don't stick.
    Dale
    Dale & Tammy

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast