User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The Turning Point pin boxes that come on the Reflection 150 series are not compatible with the Andersen Ultimate hitches (or the Pull-Rite or Demco hitches of the same or similar design).

Rob
    As I understand it, as long as you lock the pin box into the fixed position it will be fine. No different than a standard pin box.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boogmeister1 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation! I used 1000#'s as a number only because that's what we currently carry in our tt. We don't see adding much more than that to any tt or fw that we purchase.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Well, that makes it more than a random number.

Regardless, think you will be fine.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Well, that makes it more than a random number.

Regardless, think you will be fine.

Mike
    Thanks, Mike, I appreciate the reply.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Turning Point pin boxes that come on the Reflection 150 series are not compatible with the Andersen Ultimate hitches (or the Pull-Rite or Demco hitches of the same or similar design).

Rob
    We pull our 150 Series with an Andersen without any issues, you just keep the bolts installed in the Turning Point function so its locked out. Have never had an issue in over 7500 miles.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you buying this truck or do you have it. I calulated everything from the brochures and found after I bought, it wasn’t accurate. I have 2500 too, but the different axle (not sure how you got that axle.). My double cab truck came in and yellow sticker said 2900 lbs of payload. Brochure says 3250 or so. Trailer came in at 2250 pin weight instead of 2090. That’s a 500 lb swing. My trailer Is heavier than yours and I’m betting you are still fine, but just double check those yellow weight stickers.
    Todd Dean
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Silverado 2500 Gas, std Bed, 2 WD
    BW Companion

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
    Are you buying this truck or do you have it. I calulated everything from the brochures and found after I bought, it wasn’t accurate. I have 2500 too, but the different axle (not sure how you got that axle.). My double cab truck came in and yellow sticker said 2900 lbs of payload. Brochure says 3250 or so. Trailer came in at 2250 pin weight instead of 2090. That’s a 500 lb swing. My trailer Is heavier than yours and I’m betting you are still fine, but just double check those yellow weight stickers.
    Yes, the yellow sticker (as well as the silver sticker) is exactly as I put it. I already have it and have been towing a tt. I went ahead and bought the 260RD. If it turns out that the truck won't handle the weight, I'll look into getting a 1 ton.
    Last edited by DaTraveler; 07-17-2019 at 11:16 PM.
    2011Chevy Silverado 6.0 2500HD
    2020.5 (White) Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the exact same truck with 4.1 rear end and 10,000# tow rating in book. (2001 model). I pulled a Reflection 29RS fifth wheel. Actual weight 10,500. Two trips out west and one to Alaska. (37,000 miles) Truck was on the edge initially. Added heavy duty fan and that brought engine temp under control. Added Bully Dog and cold air intake and that helped considerably. Smoothed out shifting in hills and got me over high western passes (albeit slowly). Still had transmission temp go up considerably on passes but no overheat if I keep it in the 30-35 range. Just changed truck to 2019 F-250 gas.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I have a 2500 HD Extended Cab, 6.0L 4:10 rear. My truck(full gas, some tools and odds and ends) on a scale, weights 6820lbs The specified GCVWR is 20500lbs. Me (driver)+6820lbs = 7030lbs. So 20500-7030 =13470 lbs max I can add to the vehicle. I have a GD 2600RB that weights about 6380 (includes propane, assorted trailer needs, chocks, kitchen supplies etc..) before cloths and food. So I would say 6600 lbs
    Well within my GCVWR. (I do plan to actually weight it). Some might say too much truck, until you start climbing steep long grades.
    Though this truck could probably tow more than 13470 I wouldn't recommend exceeding the stated GCVWR. Should something fail or there is an accident, well....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Is the general consensus that this is too much FW for this truck?”

We have a similar setup with the 150 series 295rl. Our payload capacity is 3054 and we have the B&W turnover ball with the Andersen Hitch. The truck pulls and carries the weight well, although I do feel that it is as much trailer as I would want to pull with this truck. 2010 with 120,000 miles on the odometer but no hesitation taking it out for a 1,300 mile trip a few weeks ago.

We did have occasional hi engine temps when traveling in warmer (hot) weather. So we recently replaced the original radiator and water pump and the issues disappeared. Also recommend that you use the manual shift when towing. There are a few threads here and on other forums as to why it’s important. But it helps with the transmission temps and the driving experience. It will also help maintain speed on grades. When using the automatic transmission it always seems to be a little “late” downshifting.

Enjoy your new trailer!!

Monte
    Monte & Stacey
    Rocket and Daisy (Aussie and Golden)
    2010 GMC Sierra 2500HD, Ext Cab, 6.0, 3.73
    2018 GD Reflection 150 Series, 295RL. Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rob
    I believe the Turning Point is not compatible when using the turning point feature. When the turning point is locked with the included bolts it acts as a normal pin box & therefore should be compatible. Also in my research ANY hitch mounted to a gooseneck ball is not compatible with the Turning Point or Reese Sidewinder set ups. I use my Turning Point with a B&W Companion mounted to the Ford puck system & use the turning point feature. I called B&W prior to purchase & was told it is safe to use with the turning point engaged when using the pucks.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast