User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin box on 310GK

We are seriously looking at a new 310GK with the trailair rotoflex pin box. Have a reese 5th airborne pin on our current trailer that replaced the standard 1621 lippert pin. Does anyone know if I will be able to use the 5th airborne on the 310GK?
    Rob & Linda
    2019 Solitude 310GK, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Roadmaster suspension & shocks
    2022 F350 King Ranch DRW, 6.7 ltr PS,

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know the answer to your question, but while you're waiting I'll lob in the fact that the RotoFlex pinbox on the 310GK (which has a rubber shock absorbing plate in it) makes a noticeable difference over a pinbox without it. Softer and quieter under tow than our last trailer with "plain" pinbox.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rolinhar, I put a MorRyde pin box on my 310GK-R. I'm pretty sure it was a 1621 pin box but I had called Lippert to verify before I ordered the MorRyde. I needed to give them my VIN which I think is on the side of the pin box itself. GD couldn't tell me when I called their help desk and referred me to Lippert.

If you put it on let me now what you think of the change. The MorRyde improved my over the RotoFlex.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered a Solitude 385GK-R and the dealer told me that all new Solitudes now come with the MorRyde pin box. I am going with the Andersen Ultimate goose neck connection hitch. I called Andersen and confirmed the AUH would work with the MorRyde. The AUH does not work with the MorRyde flex pin box but it is ok with the standard pin box. I also have air lift 5000lb air bags on my F350. I am hoping the total combination noted above will give me the best ride without buying a trail ride air bag hitch which Andersen said will also work.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the dealer swap out the rota flex and install the 5th airborne, have only towed with it a couple of times and am still figuring out the sweet spot when it comes to the air pressure. Took us quite sometime to get it just right on our Reflection so am not ready to say that maybe we should have kept the rota flex on instead of swapping it out for the airborne. If the 310 had come with a mor ryde pin we probably would have left it on the trailer. Have to say that when the airborne is set up right it does do a great job at smoothing things out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Reese Airborne Sidewinder combo (part number RP61422) is a great upgrade over the Roto-flex pinbox. We purchased our 310gk about a month ago and I had the dealer install it for us before we picked up the coach. I tow with a 2018 RAM 2500 diesel 4x4 with the standard 6'4" bed and I have over 20" of clearance between the coach and truck cab on 90 degree turns. I use a B&W fixed hitch with the RAM puck system, so, my choice was either go with a Pull-rite Autoslider or the upgrade the pinbox. We had a Turning Point pinbox on our prior 5th wheel and loved it - that made our decision to stay with a rotating pinbox.

Only item to consider is to select the correct wedge for the Airborne Sidewinder, the B&W wedge is Reese part number SWW-06, you can order the wedge on Amazon. The wedge that is standard may work for you but may not, Reese has a good webpage with a cross-reference matrix for selecting the correct wedge.

The only challenge at first is the hitch up process, you need to back into the pinbox straight-on and not straight with the coach. Once you get used to that process, it is really easy. I don't think you will be disappointed with this upgrade.
    Last edited by Grand Rocky; 10-06-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attached are some pictures of the Airborne Sidewinder.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_161758.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	22962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_143630.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	22963

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    I just ordered a Solitude 385GK-R and the dealer told me that all new Solitudes now come with the MorRyde pin box. I am going with the Andersen Ultimate goose neck connection hitch. I called Andersen and confirmed the AUH would work with the MorRyde. The AUH does not work with the MorRyde flex pin box but it is ok with the standard pin box. I also have air lift 5000lb air bags on my F350. I am hoping the total combination noted above will give me the best ride without buying a trail ride air bag hitch which Andersen said will also work.
    That would be news to me.

I was just in Indiana and looked over all the current build models, and they still had the Roto-Flex pinboxes.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just spoke with my GD dealer who stated they confirmed with their GD representative that my 385GK-R will come off the assemble line on October 31 and it will have the MorRyde Suspension and the MorRyde Rubber Pin Box. I am tentatively scheduled to take delivery on 11/8. So I guess we will find out then for sure. With the RV industry change is constant so who knows...LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a good improvement over the Roto-flex, which is an improvement over a standard pinbox. The air bag pinbox designs are great, that was one reason we upgraded to the Reese Airborne Sidewinder Elite.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast