User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same problems with ours. After numerous calls to GD and Dometic and numerous service call by a dometic dealer I GOT IT TO WORK. DOMETIC sent an add on fan kit that the service man said he couldn’t get to fit in the cavity.
    The interior light was loose ....I think the service guy was trying an add interior fan.
    When I tried to put it back on I blew the 5 amp mini fuse in the control board.
    (Didn’t notice it right away). So I unplugged the 120 volt plug outside for a few minutes then plugged it back in and notice in a few hours it was working.
    The light and outside cooling fans were not working but it was cooling.
    Replaced the fuse and everything is working.
    My problem has been going on for months before this. Had to have an extra refrigerator for the RV.
    So you might want to try unplugging it and pulling the 4 amp mini fuse.
    Maybe something in control board brain get scrambled and need to be reset.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomvietor View Post
    Had the same problems with ours. After numerous calls to GD and Dometic and numerous service call by a dometic dealer I GOT IT TO WORK. DOMETIC sent an add on fan kit that the service man said he couldn’t get to fit in the cavity.
    The interior light was loose ....I think the service guy was trying an add interior fan.
    When I tried to put it back on I blew the 5 amp mini fuse in the control board.
    (Didn’t notice it right away). So I unplugged the 120 volt plug outside for a few minutes then plugged it back in and notice in a few hours it was working.
    The light and outside cooling fans were not working but it was cooling.
    Replaced the fuse and everything is working.
    My problem has been going on for months before this. Had to have an extra refrigerator for the RV.
    So you might want to try unplugging it and pulling the 4 amp mini fuse.
    Maybe something in control board brain get scrambled and need to be reset.
    Thank you. I’ll give it a try. Disconnected all power the other day but didn’t want to break the fuse so stopped short of pulling it. Will try it today.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s the small orange one. Not the glass one.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomvietor View Post
    It’s the small orange one. Not the glass one.
    Thanks for the info. Killed power this am and removed all fuses. Replaced and fired it back up. Time will tell
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have the four door dometic unit in our '19 303rls. two q's:
    1. once in a while when we're out and about(like 50% of the time) when i unplug from shore power, the refrig propane ignites but won't cool. the battery shows a full charge after being on shore power for a substantial period of time. when i take it in to service of course it's always working so there is nothing to diagnose. service suspects a bad lower control board, but no one will fix something that's intermittently failing, because they're concerned about dometic rejecting a warranty claim. i'm trapped. any ideas?
    2. does everyone have that piece of luan board covering virtually every square inch of the outside upper refrigerator vent box? if this box is for ventilation why is it almost completely blocked?

thanks in advance.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try the advice I gave to Justa5th above. I had trouble with whole system not just the lp side. Do u keep both tanks on and let the change over valve switch tanks. Do u check the stove and see if u have gas flow ?
    The Luan is to direct more airflow the coils for the side vent.
    Maybe one of the small fuses is going bad and has intermittent contact.
    Might be a place to start
    They are cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the response. yea, we check the stove alot. it always can flame all burners. i run one tank at a time, manually switching as req'd.

i'll try swapping out the fuses.

this is one of the kind of problems that you want to ignore hoping that it will magically go away, but on the other hand, you want a hard failure, so it can be diagnosed and fixed.

i've noticed that repair shops and mobile services, number one, don't want to service warranty work, and number two, basically refuse to work an intermittent failure. they claim if the suspect part is returned to the manufacturer, and no defect is found, they have to pay for the returned part, regardless of the customer's problem being resolved once swapout takes place. this whole process seems to be self-defeating. one more reason for me to want to learn how to diagnose every moving part of my rv and just fix stuff myself. i wonder how much purchase discount i could get if i could negotiate a warranty delete option.
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also having the cooling problem. I have a Dometic model RM1350SLMX in my 260RD. Days below 80 are no problem, above 80 the temp will go up. I also have a problem with the unit staying cold during transit. I get it down to 35, drive an hour to the campsite, then open the camper and find the temp is 45-50. It goes up every time I travel, just not as much when outside temp is below 80. I have a case opened with GD, but I have been ignored since 10/8. No reply to emails and voice messages. I sent a picture of the panel/baffle behind the upper cover. GD recommended I remove it. I removed what I could, but another panel remained that was hacked up at the top! GD then recommended I remove the whole thing, but I can't get at it without removing the outer shroud which is something I should not be messing with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inkedsteve1ref_LI.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	23137
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought this luan board would block about 80% of the air flow out of this cut-out. it's interesting that gd suggested you cut it away. why would a mfr design a vent, then block it with a board. if an owner installed a fan up there, what good would it do. if an owner cut the board out, would there be a warranty coverage problem?

has any one else thought to remove this apparent air-block, or am i not thinking right?

thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should mention luan board, my friend with the 303 has the same model refer but his has a luan board instead of the metal baffle that I have, and he has no problem. I'm also concerned about making modifications that would void my warranty.
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast