User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i will jump in. my last fifth wheel, 2015 303 RLS, Helium Fridge. never an issue other than a gas valve, replaced under warranty by the fridge manufacture. Excited to make another GD purchase for some other reasons, but now frustrated as to the fridge. We got a 2019 337. Have the large 12 cu ft double door fridge, double door freezer, guess it is referred to as the four door? Anyway, our maiden voyage, left Arizona, fridge was at 35* if i remember right, got to Albuquerque and had nights into the 30"s, no issue, Kansas for two nights at over night lows at 22*. headed towards Memphis, fridge fan must have quit working, Dometic Rep told me to keep the coils cool and i should be fine. got a computer fan in it temporarily and has been keeping between 33* and 36* without an issue. looking at the back side of the fridge, top with the little plywood baffle, it makes sense to keep the are flow contained to pass through the fins. but why then the large plastic vent assembly if the venting space inside is about 6 inches. i am not sure why my fans quit, but it doesn't look like you can get to them unless you pull the fridge. So i have a guy in Pigeon Forge that will look at it when we get there, everyone around Nashville and Memphis are one to two weeks out. If i have to, i will deal with it until i get home. just frustrating of course. i am in hopes my customer service is as good as it was with my first Grand Design. Good Luck to all of us.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOPS! forgot to mention the other issue with the fridge. we noticed at one point when we close the left side door, the flap, (that's what i am calling it) that goes behind the right side door to close the gap, wasn't flipping behind it. it doesn't come in contact with the track as it should. I can't find any adjustments either. Maybe i have a totally defective fridge. UGH for this issue, and hopefully that will be fixed also. so double check your flaps and make sure they are closing or yo won't get anything less than about 45* in cold country.
    again, Good Luck
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have the "4 door" fridge. The door flap was checked and working fine. I have not heard from GD regarding my problem since 10/8 in spite of emails and voice mail messages.
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I noticed about the door flap is, it works fine with nothing in the shelves. When the shelves are full, the flap doesn't always close all the way. It's the extra weight that causes the door to sag a little and cause the flap to bind up.
    2018 Reflection 315RLTS
    2023 F350 Lariat 6.7L/CC/LB/FX4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's weird and we are probably not the only ones with this issue. I would expect the shelves on the door weren't put there just for decoration - OR - there should be some type of adjustment. I will do some checking further when we are home. I would imagine i can get a couple of stainless steel washers and raise the door a quarter of an inch. that's all it needs. We most likely will always have stuff on the door. HMMMMMM
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We found on our 337 that the interior light on the fridge was staying on when the doors were shut. As we were traveling i jury rigged the door to contact the switches to turn off the light. It then cooled to 35 deg for the rest of the trip on the third setting. That light puts out a lot of heat. I have had cooling issues since I have owned the RV and done all the fixes the forum comes up with. We stumbled on this by accident and most likely is happening to others.
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me, too

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    We have a double wide (4 door) Dometic refrigerator (mod no RM1350SLMX) in our 2019 Reflection 303RLS. We purchased the unit in January of this year. The reefer unit does not control the food compartment temps which at times reach 52 - 57 degrees. On a good day it will sometimes cool down to 43 degrees. We Fill bowls with ice and place in both the freezer and food compartments. It is currently back at the dealer to address this problem. Has anyone experienced this problem with this model of refrigerator. I notice that the 2020 Rflections have Norcold refrigerators in them making me think that perhaps there is a design prob with the Dometics. Thanks
    I had the same problem on my 2019 Reflection 337RLS, same model Dometic refrigerator. TWICE. Each one lasted a year. First one was replaced at the GD factory service center. No word on what had failed. 2nd one replaced a few weeks ago, and the boiler and nearby tubing was very hot, then suddenly was room temperature, as if there was a blockage inside. Of course, if anyone knows about some pervasive problem they're keeping quiet about it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The advice to make your slide installed RM1350 cool properly when outside temps are high is almost endless. Most of it involves airflow across coils and fins on the back side of the fridg. The two most frequent suggestions are: additional fans and removal of the luan baffle in the upper cooling vent. These ideas are from "experts" in the field. I have read testamonials from fan installers but somehow I've missed testamonials from baffle removers. Please, if you have removed the luan baffle, let us know if there is improvement when outside temps are high. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interesting mention of the baffle, mine is also set up high with 3 to 5 inches of clearance at the top. open more for air flow, i guess, but maybe it is designed to create kind of a siphon affect for the warm air to escape. opening it up or adding a fan to the top to draw the air up and out is the options, which one will work best. HMMMM. i will try the fan first since i have them. in the mean time, with the door adjusted now to keep the flap closing properly, that may do the rest of the trick. i will post when i do and use it again. about mid january for us for our next little trip.
    Jeff & Karen
    Peoria, Arizona

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123