User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Dometic Refrigerator

We have a double wide (4 door) Dometic refrigerator (mod no RM1350SLMX) in our 2019 Reflection 303RLS. We purchased the unit in January of this year. The reefer unit does not control the food compartment temps which at times reach 52 - 57 degrees. On a good day it will sometimes cool down to 43 degrees. We Fill bowls with ice and place in both the freezer and food compartments. It is currently back at the dealer to address this problem. Has anyone experienced this problem with this model of refrigerator. I notice that the 2020 Rflections have Norcold refrigerators in them making me think that perhaps there is a design prob with the Dometics. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had mid 90's yesterday with a heat index of 100 and my 4 door Dometic fridge which is normally 34-36 only went up to 38. I think something else is going on.
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat SuperCab PSD SRW

Former set up:
    2013 Kodiak 291RESL
    2017 Ford F150 Platinum

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had problems with temps that high and not going down to high 30s at night and the problem was the flap on the left door not totally closing causing the problem. I sprayed it with the same lube recommended for the bedroom slide and it fixed my problem of temps in the fifties. I was told later that they sometimes have to shim the doors with additional washers. I still have a problem, the temp goes up to 46-47 in 90+ outside heat. I was told that the highest it should be is 43. At dealer now being checked.
    Ron & Dianne

2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2012 Ford F-350 6.7 Diesel, SWR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 2019 320 MKS in January of this year, on our first trip (Charleston SC) it was not able to cool property. We took it back to the dealer and they said it was okay. We also had them check for a propane leak, no leaks were found. On that one week trip we used up a lot of propane 1 tank was empty. We took it back to the dealer who said they checked it out and it was working fine. On our second trip it was not cooling properly again, after calling the dealer and checking the breakers and fuses, I found that it was not plugged in! As we headed north it seemed to be working fine until we had a warm day in Nova Scotia it got up to 41 degrees outside temperatures were in the 90’s. When the weather got back to normal it was able to cool again. The further south we drove the higher the the fridge got. Until we take it back to the dealer weekend trips in sunny Florida are not going to happen.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberFive View Post
    We purchased our 2019 320 MKS in January of this year, on our first trip (Charleston SC) it was not able to cool property. We took it back to the dealer and they said it was okay. We also had them check for a propane leak, no leaks were found. On that one week trip we used up a lot of propane 1 tank was empty. We took it back to the dealer who said they checked it out and it was working fine. On our second trip it was not cooling properly again, after calling the dealer and checking the breakers and fuses, I found that it was not plugged in! As we headed north it seemed to be working fine until we had a warm day in Nova Scotia it got up to 41 degrees outside temperatures were in the 90’s. When the weather got back to normal it was able to cool again. The further south we drove the higher the the fridge got. Until we take it back to the dealer weekend trips in sunny Florida are not going to happen.

I had pretty much the same issue. If it was cool it ran like a champ, and even if it was warm sometimes it would do okay and sometimes it would creep up into the 40s. I tried a few things, it had four cooling fans behind it from there factory and they were all working good (fridge in the slide).

I finally gave up on it and installed a residential refrigerator. To be fair I already had solar and an inverter, so other than a battery upgrade my rig was ready to handle it. That said we are in love with the upgrade. It's easily twice the size of the old one, makes ice, and cools perfectly. I've got a thread on the upgrade, but I personally just don't think the bigger absorption refrigerators can keep up in hot weather when they're installed in a side out.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s another issue, ours is not in a slide, it is mounted at the rear of the fifth wheel. They could have used the standard “chimney” but chose to vent it like it was in a slide.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is useless. Can’t hold temps if it gets even slightly warm outside. I’ve done inside fans, lower thermostat for outside fans (just added so waiting to see if it helps), checked door flap etc. I have to say I’m not really impressed at all with the performance of it. Pulled the fridge the other day and there is zero insulation on top of the fridge. I may add some this winter. If that doesn’t work I have to bring a cooler....just like the old tent days. I will add ours doesn’t get into the 50’s though.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberFive View Post
    That’s another issue, ours is not in a slide, it is mounted at the rear of the fifth wheel. They could have used the standard “chimney” but chose to vent it like it was in a slide.
    That's a bite for sure. I had one in my last rig (the two door version not the four door version) that wasn't in the slide that worked great with the chimney.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Common issue! Do a search for all the fan mods people have tried. Some work better than others.

The impression I got was a combination of a fan kit that clips onto the fins inside the fridge, and a few computer fans in the outside vents to draw out the hot air, works best.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an ongoing discussion the Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS Owners Facebook page today concerning this very issue. It is also on the Grand Design forum in the Technical Forum, then Appliances) posted by an Admin who was having problems. Pictures included. For some reason their is a long piece of paneling in the top vent completely blocking the air flow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast