User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air bubbles on roof

I have a 2016 29RS. When I went to wash it I found several air bubbles in the roof at the front of the unit? I was able to smooth most of them down and they seemed to re-adhere to the roof. But not all of them. I also have the black mold lines at every cross member.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2150RB, 2019, has developed the same issues.Currently scheduled for the dealer to look at it. Did you find anything out about the lines? Mine are at the roof sheeting joints.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Our 2150RB, 2019, has developed the same issues.Currently scheduled for the dealer to look at it. Did you find anything out about the lines? Mine are at the roof sheeting joints.
    Skiddy, There’s a very long thread about the mold/algae lines at the roof substrate joints. Worth a read as several of us contacted the manufacturer and received responses. Bottom line, it’s cosmetic and several methods for cleaning were discussed.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Houndbb View Post
    Skiddy, There’s a very long thread about the mold/algae lines at the roof substrate joints. Worth a read as several of us contacted the manufacturer and received responses. Bottom line, it’s cosmetic and several methods for cleaning were discussed.
    N
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Our dealer advised that they thought it was common and cosmetic, but they would look at it if I didn’t mind bringing it in. They were more concerned about the bubbles on the first section behind the front cap. I found Camco Protec removed the dark stains on the joints really easily.
    The disheartening thing is how far the roof trusses are spaced, nowhere near 16” OC. I have looked at a 2015/2016 Imagine and the build quality appears to be much better.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to worry anyone but I ran across this while searching sites to buy my RV. I really like the GD layout, floorplan and interior comforts. But..... This youtube and what I'm reading here is a little unsettling... Check your roof. Hopefully this video was an exception
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUmZ4-z1Bg&t=12s