User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I did not see any nylon pads on the spring bars or L-brackets. Did the dealer possibly leave them off?
    They are a separate purchase. I got them on Amazon for about $20, w/prime shipping.

I emailed the company before I bought them and they said they do decrease the anti-sway friction, but not a lot. I've had no issues with them. They show no signs of wear after a few hundred miles of towing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    They are a separate purchase. I got them on Amazon for about $20, w/prime shipping.

I emailed the company before I bought them and they said they do decrease the anti-sway friction, but not a lot. I've had no issues with them. They show no signs of wear after a few hundred miles of towing.

Great to know. Thanks.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using Equalizer for years and it has been great. Had chain type WDH on previous camper and would never use one again. There are several brands similar to Equalizer and they all advertise their advantages but for me it is an Equalizer; basic and get the job done with proven results.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saldog View Post
    If the noise from the friction on the bars irritates you than try either one (grease or pads) and see how that works.

Saldog
    I have now taken my second trip and my Equal-i-zer WDH seems a whole lot noisier as compared to the first. I did not lubricate anything since at first I did not notice all the noise I am getting now. It is weird, I expected to see extreme wear where the bars contact and slide on the trailer frame. Not much there. The real wear and metal shavings are where the bars pivot at the hitch. Is this normal?
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SJMaye View Post
    I have now taken my second trip and my Equal-i-zer WDH seems a whole lot noisier as compared to the first. I did not lubricate anything since at first I did not notice all the noise I am getting now. It is weird, I expected to see extreme wear where the bars contact and slide on the trailer frame. Not much there. The real wear and metal shavings are where the bars pivot at the hitch. Is this normal?
    I have a EZ hitch which is very similar to yours. Do not lubricate the bars where they rub against the brackets on the A frame, that is what keeps the trailer from swaying.
    You can lub the ball and the area where the bars attach to the hitch on the truck.
    Somebody sells some plastic pieces to put between the bars and the A frame brackets, which will quiet the hitch, but if you ask me that will interfere with the sway control.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Somebody sells some plastic pieces to put between the bars and the A frame brackets, which will quiet the hitch, but if you ask me that will interfere with the sway control.
    That makes total sense. I did not lubricate anything because I figured it was friction what that was stopping the swaying. From what I am seeing the pivot points where the bars attach to the hitch are the big wear area. Metal grinding there. I will try a little grease.
    2016 Ford F-150
    2020 Grand Design 2500RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are supposed to grease where the bars attach by the ball. Look at you manual or look at website to see location, otherwise you will wear the hitch prematurely. The plastic pads on trailer brackets work good and don't compromise anti sway ability

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sail96 View Post
    You are supposed to grease where the bars attach by the ball. Look at you manual or look at website to see location, otherwise you will wear the hitch prematurely. The plastic pads on trailer brackets work good and don't compromise anti sway ability
    This is correct except there is a minor reduction in the sway control. I asked equalizer before I bought the pads and they said it's usually not noticable.

My hitch was horribly noisy because we didn't lube it or the ball. The hitch gouged up my ball on the trip home. Once I started greasing the ball and the bar hinges it got more reasonable. The pads seemed to help a bit.

2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345