Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design stepping up.

Form an RV Business Web site.

Middlebury, Ind.-based Grand Design Recreational Vehicle Co. announced the implementation of the “Grand Design Owner’s Pledge” initiative.
    According to a press release, the pledge is “a straightforward commitment that will help Grand Design and their independent dealerships across North America make customers for life,” said Don Clark, president and co-owner, adding, “This new program is a unique pledge from Grand Design and our dealers to any Grand Design owner who is traveling and may require specific service to their RV. This provides clarity to what customers can expect as a Grand Design owner.”
    The commitment pledge is comprised of four basic tenants;
    • The dealership commits to provide priority service scheduling to traveling Grand Design owners.
    • The dealership commits to do everything possible to get critical repairs completed as soon as possible.
    • Grand Design RV commits to rapid repair authorization.
    • Grand Design RV commits to overnight parts delivery in critical ‘unit down’ situations.
    All Grand Design RV dealers will receive framed signed certificates to display at their dealerships. “We want all Grand Design RV owners to have positive traveling experiences which will hopefully help retain and increase the number of folks that enjoy the RV life style,” said Clark.

http://www.rvbusiness.com/2014/10/gr...owners-pledge/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very happy to see this. Don Clark told us at the Rally that Grand Design was going to implement this program.

Steve

pwrplay
    I have to say that this is impressive. I also have to say that I already feel like they have had this in place as I have nothing but great experiences dealing with Grand Design Customer Support directly. They have promptly authorized work to be done by a local repair shop, and worked directly with them on the issue.

However, I can't comment on my purchasing dealer (Lazy Acres RV in Orillia Ontario) having the same dedication to the "GD pledge". I tried to get our Reflection booked in last week to look at our water system that had not been working correctly since new (pump sucking air and won't shut off), but was told by the service department that they couldn't even look at for 2 weeks. We told them that we needed it fixed as soon as possible as we already have trips booked, they where less than accommodating.

This really didn't surprise me though as I discovered that this dealer (as admitted by the Sales Manager/Owner) that they are a high volume (1100 units a year), low margin dealer, so the fact that they couldn't take me in wasn't a surprise. They seem to just want to push unit in one door and out the other, but I digress, that's a topic for another thread.

\

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm with you regarding poor dealership service. I took mine in for work several months ago with a punch-list of what needed to be done. They had the rig for two weeks in order to do about 2-3 hours worth of work. I called and asked when it would be ready. They said "All done". I went to pick it up and at least half of the work hadn't even been touched. Some of the work they did "accomplish" was not up to my expectations. I don't fault GD, but I do fault the dealer (Lazy Days) for their poor performance. I'd rather do the work myself, in lieu of leaving the FW in the shop for weeks on end. They have no sense of urgency what-so-ever.

My concern now it that when the FW is out of warranty, GD will not sell parts directly to me. I'll have to order them from the dealer. If their order department is as inept as their service department, I may go quite a while waiting on parts.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only had 1 problem with my Reflection 337RLS. Our entry door deadbolt became jammed while locked. Luckily, i was able to gain entry without damaging anything but the lock assembly.
    When i contacted my dealer in Raleigh, NC, they were very quick to respond. I left a voicemail explaining my situation and that I was willing to replace the assembly myself. I received a call from the service manager stating that they did not have a lock assembly in stock but Grand Design was shipping me a replacement unit.
    In less than 48 hours after my initial phone call, I had a new assembly and installed.
    In my opinion, that is excellent service and sticking to their committments.
    Greg & Sue
    2015 Reflection 337 RLS #771
    Demco 18k Autoslide
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at just these two items:
    The commitment pledge is comprised of four basic tenants;
    • The dealership commits to provide priority service scheduling to traveling Grand Design owners.
    • The dealership commits to do everything possible to get critical repairs completed as soon as possible.
    We had an unfortunate experience while traveling through Missouri this past spring. Our sewer outlet had cracked completely, I noticed while filling up at a gas station. We knew we wouldn't be able to dump our tanks at our next stop, Grain Vallley just east of Kansas City. We contacted our dealership who found a GD dealership, Lifestyle RVs located in Grain Valley. We phoned them, they said bring it in. We stopped there, they took photos and came up with a repair plan. Sent someone to Home Depot for parts, told us to come back next morning, 7:00 a.m. We showed up, they brought it in and told us to go have breakfast. We had barely finished breakfast when we were called that the camper was ready to pick up.
    That's the type of service everyone should enjoy and no wonder Lifestyle is a top 50 dealership. Congratulations and thank you again for a job well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sold on these promises. I was in a "unit down" situation 2 weeks ago. I set up my trailer at the campground for thanksgiving weekend and could smell propane shortly after I turned it on. I found the regulator/distributor was leaking right where you turn the plastic knob to chose the tank. When I put my hand on it I could hear it hissing. This was not repairable so I contacted the dealer right away which was around noon. I ended up having to leave a message. I did not receive a call back so I went to the nearest RV dealer, bought a new unit and installed it myself. Good thing I carry a toolbox. I contacted GD when I returned and there is now apparently a cheque in the mail to cover the cost of the part. Trailer will be going to the dealer this week to have my list of 13 issues looked at.

Perhaps GD is committed but my dealer sure doesn't seem to be.
    Paul
    North Bay, Ontario
    2014 Reflection 293RES
    VIN # 200283
    2014 Ram 2500