Since the battery charger/converter has gone out in the trailer, I have decided to move to a Victron Multiplus charger/inverter for one leg of trailer power for now. I am in a Solitude 3740BH, with 50amp power and "factory" generator. As I understand it:

• 50amp Service is two hots, 1 neutral and a ground.
  • Each hot is rated for 50amps each (at 120V)
  • Multiplus 12/3000 will only take in 1 hot
  • I want to wire the Multiplus in AFTER the generator transfer switch

I opened up the back wall of the basement and located both the current charger/converter, and the transfer switch. Since I have nothing but the generator (currently) in the front facing basement area, I was thinking I would do the following:

• Move transfer switch to front compartment. This means putting in junction box where transfer switch currently is so I can extend shore power into front compartment via route of the generator power lines.
  • Output of Transfer switch would goto Multiplus (with room to add a 2nd one later if I want both legs inverted). I would need to split the Two hots away from eachother, then back into the same cable. Maybe another junction box or 2?
  • Remove the old Charger and its battery cables

Or I could just go ahead and buy a 2nd Multiplus now and wire it in too... I just wont have the battery power to invert on both (I guess I could program the inverter mode off on it).

This doesn't take into account the new batteries (Probably battleborns), and the new DC wiring in the front compartment with big fuse, total battery cutoff, etc.

Is my basic understanding correct?