User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 Momentum 25G - How to Sanitize the Fresh Water Tank

Hi folks - first time poster and first time RV owner/user. I've read the manual on my 25G and it states I should sanitize the fresh water tank before use. This involves adding bleach and water through the gravity inlet. Only trouble is I cannot find it. On the main exterior panel I have the lever that indicates whether you are on city water or fresh water tank. On that same panel is a city water hose inlet. The only other inlet I can find is the black water flush inlet but that does not match the picture in the manual for the gravity fresh water feed (nor should it I suspect). Can someone help this noob find the fresh tank gravity inlet? I need to get this out of my driveway but I want to sanitize first. Thanks!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papadelta View Post
    Hi folks - first time poster and first time RV owner/user. I've read the manual on my 25G and it states I should sanitize the fresh water tank before use. This involves adding bleach and water through the gravity inlet. Only trouble is I cannot find it. On the main exterior panel I have the lever that indicates whether you are on city water or fresh water tank. On that same panel is a city water hose inlet. The only other inlet I can find is the black water flush inlet but that does not match the picture in the manual for the gravity fresh water feed (nor should it I suspect). Can someone help this noob find the fresh tank gravity inlet? I need to get this out of my driveway but I want to sanitize first. Thanks!!
    Wish I had seen this post sooner. Hope you found an answer, if not here goes.
    I own a 21G and there is no gravity fill. Must fill using a pressurized hose. NOTE: Do not change the position of the lever either direction when the hose is pressurized because you run the risk of blowing out the o-ring in the valve.
    I pour 1 & 1/2 cups of bleach (1/4 cup per 15 gallons, 90 g. tank) (use cheap real bleach not splash-less or scented) into the empty hose prior to connecting to the fill connection,
    then turn on the water and flush the bleach into the tank and fill to overflow.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same setup on my 2019 25g. I used the hand pump you can buy at camping world for winterizing your water line. I put one end of the hose into a gallon jug which has the amount of diluted bleach in water I need for sanitizing my water system. The other end of the hand pump has the standard hose male end, which I hook into the water inlet port. Set the value to tank fill, then hand pump in the bleach solution. Once done, disconnect the hose, attach your house water hose, fill your water tanks and then run some of the water into each faucet and toilet inside the trailer. Let sit 4 hours and drain and flush the system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to both of you!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subvet0615 View Post
    Wish I had seen this post sooner. Hope you found an answer, if not here goes.
    I own a 21G and there is no gravity fill. Must fill using a pressurized hose. NOTE: Do not change the position of the lever either direction when the hose is pressurized because you run the risk of blowing out the o-ring in the valve.
    I pour 1 & 1/2 cups of bleach (1/4 cup per 15 gallons, 90 g. tank) (use cheap real bleach not splash-less or scented) into the empty hose prior to connecting to the fill connection,
    then turn on the water and flush the bleach into the tank and fill to overflow.

Larry
    Exactly. Nice post/explanation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2020 Reflection and I just did this. With the new Nautilus docking panel you should be able to pump the mixture into your fresh tank by looking at the setting on the diagram. I mixed as stated with bleach and water, but put mine in a bucket then pumped it into the fresh tank. Once that mixture was in I changed the settings on the nautilus panel to fill the fresh water tank and then turned the water on to fill them. Once filled I turned the pump on and ran some through each cold faucet in the camper. Let sit for a minimum of 3 hours then drained.

Just another way to do this vs trying to pour bleach into an empty hose.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekender01 View Post
    We have a 2020 Reflection and I just did this. With the new Nautilus docking panel you should be able to pump the mixture into your fresh tank by looking at the setting on the diagram. I mixed as stated with bleach and water, but put mine in a bucket then pumped it into the fresh tank. Once that mixture was in I changed the settings on the nautilus panel to fill the fresh water tank and then turned the water on to fill them. Once filled I turned the pump on and ran some through each cold faucet in the camper. Let sit for a minimum of 3 hours then drained.

Just another way to do this vs trying to pour bleach into an empty hose.
    This is exactly right, I followed this same procedure yesterday. Plus I dump the fresh, then add about 10 gallons of water then drive around a bit, then dump the fresh again, to help get rid of the taste.

I would add one note though...
    If you have a water filter and/or a water softener, you need to bypass those, during this process.
    You want the bleach solution going straight to the fresh tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to prevent any confusion, the 21G has one hose connection and a two position valve, FRESH TANK FILL or CITY WATER selections.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subvet0615 View Post
    Just to prevent any confusion, the 21G has one hose connection and a two position valve, FRESH TANK FILL or CITY WATER selections.

Larry
    Well noted. Hard to know what each camper has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the spring, when I de-winterize, since the water filter is out of the filter container, the water tanks are already empty, put bleach in the water filter holder (no filter) close it up and fill the tanks, run the chlorinated water through all the water lines and let it sit - then drain your fresh water tank. I put a new water filter in the holder, fill the system and run fresh water through the water lines. During the camping season I keep the water system full when possible, our water at home is chlorinated so filling with that does the trick.