Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Illinois

Been a member for a few weeks now but I thought I'd finally say hi. Not new to camping by any means, but new to Grand Design with the recent purchase of our Momentum 349M. Haven't been out in it yet as I am still working on doing all of the simple mods before we get out. Got to get it all ready before our first big trip out East in the next couple weeks.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome! You will definitely enjoy it.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats! Welcome to the club.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got back from our first trip out with the new rig a week or so ago and so far, Grand Design doesn't disappoint. Probably a little gutsy, but our first trip out was a 2k mile journey.

Trailer pulled great the whole way and the only small issue we had was our 3rd AC in the garage didn't work when we got to our first destination on Lake Erie. After a little bit of troubleshooting I took off the AC cover inside and found a wire had come disconnected. Simple fix, just plug it back in (must have been loose as it worked in our driveway.)

Of course we realized there were a couple of items we needed to pickup after our first trip, but that was to be expected. The first was some battery operated lights to go under the top bunk in the garage, was hard to see when we played some board games on a rainy night while sitting on the benches. The second was a hand towel holder for the bathroom. That was my own error as I should have picked one up when I purchased the towel bars.

Absolutely love the 6 point auto level. I have the Anderson red buckets and they work flawlessly. Backup camera was new for us as well from our previous 5th wheel, but it really added value both at the campgrounds and while on the road. Now waiting on our next trip!

The only thing I do want to figure out is how to tie my OneControl system into my current hotspot. Don't want another SIM card/plan from a carrier we don't use, but that's not a huge deal. It was nice being able to control everything from my phone while I was outside the rig.