User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    Hey Lexx, I hear ya. But we live and camp in the Great Northwet and camp in the rain. We don't mind camping in the rain but don't like cooking in it.
    C'mon Kim...

Isn't that what awnings are for ?? LOL

BTW... I changed my username.
    I always play Skynyrd's song "They Call me the Breeze" whenever I'm heading out on another trip.
    Seemed like a good handle !!
    Good talkin to ya again !!

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    C'mon Kim...

Isn't that what awnings are for ?? LOL

BTW... I changed my username.
    I always play Skynyrd's song "They Call me the Breeze" whenever I'm heading out on another trip.
    Seemed like a good handle !!
    Good talkin to ya again !!

Michael

Back at ya, Breeze! Dang, I have two awnings. I'll have to try 'em out!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really didn't have much experience with cast iron until we got the camper. I found this Lodge cast iron pan at Costco for twenty something bucks, and it was pre-seasoned! It's so easy to take care of. No matter how much cooking I do, afterwards I just wash it off with some hot water and a stiff brush. Then I pour some oil on it to prevent it from rusting and woila - I'm ready for the next cooking session!

I've also got a little portable butane grill that puts out serious heat. If you ever go to a Chinese hot pot restaurant, you may see something similar. The little burner was $18 CDN and the butane canisters are about (or should I say aboot) $2 a pop.

It's very similar to the Iwatani cooktop for less than 1/4 the cost.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b8f5d2fa-355c-462e-8bf1-f81b0d5f4817._SR285,285_.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	21335

Yeah Lexx...
    I'm big fan of cast iron !!!
    Also, my Weber Smokey Joe, Nexgrill SS BBQ grill, and a wood smoker !!!

No wonder theres no room for much other stuff, but I just LOVE cooking in the wild.

Looks like some nice fillets ya got grillin there.... Good looking griddle pan !

Michael

2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kim,
    Totally agree with smoke alarm going off even with fan on high !! PIA ....
    I've got the 307, the precursor to the 320. I've also found the cut-out template from Furrion to vent through the trailer's wall.
    My stud finder did not find any framing in the micro area to be cut out, so it's on my list to do. I think as long as I get a vent that screws together, an interlocking type, and seal the flanges well, it will be fine. All that needs to be done to the convection oven is to rotate the turbine inside to vent air out instead of in your face ! [emoji4]
    Will post pics when its in progress.

Michael

I too will be interested to see how you do this and what if any obstacles you run across.
    Greg & Mary
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Brighton MI

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Momentum 395 so it came with the vent for the microwave to the outside. It did not come with the dryer vent though. Here's how to get the vent if the microwave has the port on the back:
    Call GDRV and make sure the spot you want to put it is able to take it. If there are wires or other utilities behind the microwave then you're stuck with the roof vent. If it's open to the rear, just take it to your dealer and have them install it. The dealers are able to do this type of thing with GDRV's blessing and it'll be covered under your warranty, even if it's brand new.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpallen View Post
    I too will be interested to see how you do this and what if any obstacles you run across.
    What could possibly go wrong ??? [emoji848][emoji848]

Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emessmer1 View Post
    We have a Momentum 395 so it came with the vent for the microwave to the outside. It did not come with the dryer vent though. Here's how to get the vent if the microwave has the port on the back:
    Call GDRV and make sure the spot you want to put it is able to take it. If there are wires or other utilities behind the microwave then you're stuck with the roof vent. If it's open to the rear, just take it to your dealer and have them install it. The dealers are able to do this type of thing with GDRV's blessing and it'll be covered under your warranty, even if it's brand new.
    Thanks
    That sounds like a solid plan
    Greg & Mary
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Brighton MI

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy. We had a similar issue on our Solitude. The fan over the stove blew the air back into the kitchen and always set off the smoke/fume detector 6 feet away. We have "rain-sense" fans so if its raining we cannot even open the roof vents.

In the large bag of paperwork that came with our pre-owned unit I found the wall vent template in with the microwave stuff. With my wife panicking about me wanting to put a large hole in the wall of our unit, I used a "stud-finder" to verify that the aluminum studs were not in the way. I wonder whether it was dumb luck or actual planning that made Grand Design line up the micro PERFECTLY with its rear vent smack between two studs!

The micro manual had directions about how to convert the vent from inside to outside. It involved rotating the blower assembly 90 degrees in its mount, and, of course, cutting the rectangular hole in the wall. I taped the paper template to the wall and drilled a hole at each corner clear through to the outside. I then used a die grinder with a cut-off wheel to connect the holes inside and then outside. A hacksaw blade or a coping saw easily cuts the Styrofoam in-between. I purchased a standard plastic flapper vent (color to match) and attached it to the RV with "putty-tape" and stainless sheet metal screws.

No more smoke alarms when making dinner or popcorn. The only downside is that I can only open and close the vent latches from a 2-foot ladder and a broom handle. All-in-all it took a couple of hours, not counting waiting for the delivery of the vent itself. Frank Z.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Howdy. We had a similar issue on our Solitude. The fan over the stove blew the air back into the kitchen and always set off the smoke/fume detector 6 feet away. We have "rain-sense" fans so if its raining we cannot even open the roof vents.

In the large bag of paperwork that came with our pre-owned unit I found the wall vent template in with the microwave stuff. With my wife panicking about me wanting to put a large hole in the wall of our unit, I used a "stud-finder" to verify that the aluminum studs were not in the way. I wonder whether it was dumb luck or actual planning that made Grand Design line up the micro PERFECTLY with its rear vent smack between two studs!

The micro manual had directions about how to convert the vent from inside to outside. It involved rotating the blower assembly 90 degrees in its mount, and, of course, cutting the rectangular hole in the wall. I taped the paper template to the wall and drilled a hole at each corner clear through to the outside. I then used a die grinder with a cut-off wheel to connect the holes inside and then outside. A hacksaw blade or a coping saw easily cuts the Styrofoam in-between. I purchased a standard plastic flapper vent (color to match) and attached it to the RV with "putty-tape" and stainless sheet metal screws.

No more smoke alarms when making dinner or popcorn. The only downside is that I can only open and close the vent latches from a 2-foot ladder and a broom handle. All-in-all it took a couple of hours, not counting waiting for the delivery of the vent itself. Frank Z.
    How much vertical latitude do you have when cutting and aligning the hole? I have a awning on my slide that will be in the way if I can't lower it by about 1". I based this on seeing other trailers vent locations.

Tim
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year I had to replace my microwave on my 337rls. Fortunately I found a guy locally in this small town I live in that would do warranty work for GD. The only company that he would do that for for. I asked him about installing an outside vent on the new microwave. Sure, done a bunch of them in the past. I think it was $120 including the vent.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Microwave vent.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	31826
    Brian and Lori
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12