User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooking Exhaust System 320 MKS

We have taken delivery of a 2020 320MKS. We have not embarked on our maiden voyage yet as I am waiting for my new 3/4 T truck to be delivered to my dealer. I noted that unlike our 2018 Imagine TT, the Reflection does not have a power exhaust for removing heat and cooking odors to the outside. It appears that we need to rely on the Maxair vent in the ceiling which is somewhat nearby the cooking facilities. Has anyone done a mod to address this or is this not really an issue I should be concerned about?
    Greg & Mary
    2020 Reflection 320MKS
    Brighton MI

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a couple of members here that have cut a hole in the wall and added a vent for the microwave. I thought about doing it too but just not sure I want to start to cut hole in the wall while under warranty. I find that if I turn on the microwave fan and the Maxxair fan it works pretty good. I would try it first to see what you think before cutting a hole in a brand new trailer.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I think you are right. I do not relish the idea of hacking into the side wall. We will try it as is. I assume GD has tested the current set up and is satisfied that an external vent is not needed

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gregpallen View Post
    Yes I think you are right. I do not relish the idea of hacking into the side wall. We will try it as is. I assume GD has tested the current set up and is satisfied that an external vent is not needed
    I think you're probably right--that the powered roof vent does the job. You could always change out the roof vent/fan for a premium, high powered model.

Our way to keep down interior odors is to cook outside when weather cooperates. We mostly cook on the gas grille all year even at home. And camping, we use our electric skillet and our air fryer outside. We have an outdoors kitchen on our fifth wheel with a microwave. Inside, we just use the microwave to heat up dishes--and seldom use the inside stove/oven.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same setup in our 315RLTS. IMHO, this arrangement is really low rent. If you use the micro/convection fan, it blows the smoke right in your face before it is sucked out by the roof fan. Sets off the smoke alarm pretty much every time. Without the micro/convection fan it doesn't blow in your face, it just wafts up and sets off the smoke alarm before exiting via roof vent. Configuring the micro/convection to exhaust outside is a fairly simple task and could probably be ordered that way from Furrion. Saving a nickel by not providing a wall vent makes no sense on an RV billed as being higher quality.

We don't cook bacon indoors any more.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblueman View Post
    We have the same setup in our 315RLTS. IMHO, this arrangement is really low rent. If you use the micro/convection fan, it blows the smoke right in your face before it is sucked out by the roof fan. Sets off the smoke alarm pretty much every time. Without the micro/convection fan it doesn't blow in your face, it just wafts up and sets off the smoke alarm before exiting via roof vent. Configuring the micro/convection to exhaust outside is a fairly simple task and could probably be ordered that way from Furrion. Saving a nickel by not providing a wall vent makes no sense on an RV billed as being higher quality.

We don't cook bacon indoors any more.
    Hi Kim,
    Totally agree with smoke alarm going off even with fan on high !! PIA ....
    I've got the 307, the precursor to the 320. I've also found the cut-out template from Furrion to vent through the trailer's wall.
    My stud finder did not find any framing in the micro area to be cut out, so it's on my list to do. I think as long as I get a vent that screws together, an interlocking type, and seal the flanges well, it will be fine. All that needs to be done to the convection oven is to rotate the turbine inside to vent air out instead of in your face ! [emoji4]
    Will post pics when its in progress.

Michael

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have resorted to using an Insta pot for many things. For those items that need to be grilled or fried or use the outdoor kitchen in a cast iron grill. It works really well as the cast iron grill is excellent at providing an evenly heated surface to cook on. And it keeps the doors out of the trailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EACC3877-8100-4F55-9979-58FA439201F5.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	21333
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    . For those items that need to be grilled or fried or use the outdoor kitchen in a cast iron grill. It works really well as the cast iron grill is excellent at providing an evenly heated surface to cook on. And it keeps the doors out of the trailer.

Yeah Lexx...
    I'm big fan of cast iron !!!
    Also, my Weber Smokey Joe, Nexgrill SS BBQ grill, and a wood smoker !!!

No wonder theres no room for much other stuff, but I just LOVE cooking in the wild.

Looks like some nice fillets ya got grillin there.... Good looking griddle pan !

Michael

Previously known as mikgala

F-250 7.3 PSD Lariat Super Cab LB wt 152K - 25 row Ford tranny cooler, A&E Air Intake system, TS-6 high performance Super Chip, Air Ride airbags, Bilstein shocks

2017 Reflection 307 MKS 9,875 UVW / 12,995 GVWR / 1,605 Pin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    We have resorted to using an Insta pot for many things. For those items that need to be grilled or fried or use the outdoor kitchen in a cast iron grill. It works really well as the cast iron grill is excellent at providing an evenly heated surface to cook on. And it keeps the doors out of the trailer.

Hey Lexx, I hear ya. But we live and camp in the Great Northwet and camp in the rain. We don't mind camping in the rain but don't like cooking in it.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Breeze View Post
    Hi Kim,
    Totally agree with smoke alarm going off even with fan on high !! PIA ....
    I've got the 307, the precursor to the 320. I've also found the cut-out template from Furrion to vent through the trailer's wall.
    My stud finder did not find any framing in the micro area to be cut out, so it's on my list to do. I think as long as I get a vent that screws together, an interlocking type, and seal the flanges well, it will be fine. All that needs to be done to the convection oven is to rotate the turbine inside to vent air out instead of in your face ! [emoji4]
    Will post pics when its in progress.

Michael

Look forward to seeing it, Michael!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast