Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level Up usage

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just use the leveling system, never had an issue. I give it a bump left and right after it's up to take the movement out, then X Chocks for the last bit. I think it's told me out of stroke once, to which I hit the level again and it worked. I've parked on a few very uneven surfaces without to much of an issue.
    2015 Laramie 3500 MegaCab 4x4 DRW Maximum Steel
    Aisin | 4.10 | Air Assist | 37,800 GCWR
    2015 Grand Design Solitude 365DEN
    https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/...75d6a83b_n.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Jim, that's why I'm asking around. Should it lift tires off the ground? and what issues might that cause. If my dealer PDI hadn't mentioned that I should fix it, I wouldn't be concerned at all and would do as you seem to. Just hit the button and let'er level. I'm just trying to get rid of a nagging thought in the back of my head about the suspension shakles falling.
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 82alaska View Post
    I recall the dealer service guy told me when the system does lift the tires off the ground that I should rememdy that because the suspension shakles could drop down and I'd have an impossible time getting them back into correct position. Does that sound possible?

Did that make any sense?
    The only time that I have seen the shackles flip is if all tires (both sides) are off the ground at the same time.
    If it could happen with just one side lifted . . . this would be a much more common problem as tire changing is often done by lifting the frame on one side until both tires are off the ground.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Level up worked

Hi, me again. Yesterday we came up to a TT campground called Snowflower. It's off I 80 at Yuba Gap, CA.

The spots were a little narrow and sloped downhill, but once I got in and chocked, I hit the Auto Level button and was amazed that it did it's job perfectly. Almost. . I'm still a little high in the front judging by my level on the island.
    I have a few pics, I'll post in a minute.
    Last edited by 82alaska; 07-08-2016 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    Scott & Glenda
    2017 Solitude 300 GK
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500 HD 4x4 CrewCab SRW Denali
    DEMCO Hitchhiker 18K Autoslide
    Air Lift 5000+ air bags with onboard wireless-one compressor, Retrax bed cover

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J&G garage View Post
    I've got to ask, if you have to put boards under the wheels and landing gear what's the point of the level up system? That's exactly how one would level a trailer without the level up system.
    Its not that the level up system won't make it level, if the site is so unlevel that the level up system raises the wheels off the ground and that concerns you the only way to cure it is to put blocks under the wheels. Sometimes I put blocks under the wheels when this happens sometimes I don't.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a Reflection 303RLS. Love the level-up system. I have always leveled my campers as best I could when parking, using blocks/pads. This seems to be SOP for me. Then punch the button and watch the magic.
    My question: I am currently forced to park on soft ground (boon-docking) and have placed large pieces of 2x8 under the jacks. The rig is level now, but I know after another inch or so of rain one of the 2x8s is going to sink. Can I run the level-up again? or will it mess everything up? or will it even run?
    Of course I could manually adjust each jack, but that is a pain.
    Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had the level up system for two years now. I pull in and hit the auto button and it is level. Only one time did I have a site where one side had the wheels off the ground. No need for wood or blocks unless it runs out off stroke. If you are leveling the camper before hitting the button, you are defeating the purpose of auto level.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nealkirk View Post
    Can I run the level-up again? or will it mess everything up? or will it even run?
    Of course I could manually adjust each jack, but that is a pain.
    Thanks.
    I have found that re-auto-izing seems to work but acts kinda funny so I lift the rear jacks up enough to let the trailer settle then hit auto again.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I will try that soon.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As LC said I also have had tires on one side off the ground for a week. I put blocks of wood under the low side jacks to assist, but still the auto level lifts the tires off the ground sometimes. I'm pretty new at this RV stuff so I just figured that, that's the way the system works.

Tom
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tom & Dee
    2016 Solitude (379FL)
    2015 Ford F-350
    Retirement on My Mind! :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast