User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    ThruHauler

Add Class IV Hitch Receiver to Solitude 369rl for motorcycle carrier?

All,

Any thoughts on adding a receiver to accommodate a motorcycle carrier on the back of the 369rl? Bikes ~600lbs. which gets me into class iv tongue weight. Lippert doesn't seem to offer a class iv receiver. Can the frame support it? recommended receivers? What would you think about extending the receiver below the mototcycle carrier and towing a light weight aluminim jon boat and trailer behind that? [Probably gonna sell the boat in favor of a kayak or something else I can carry on the truck or rv ladder.]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure something could be fabricated and be frame mounted. I would worry about angle of approach/departure getting in and out of some places however.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the rear frame would have to be reinforced to allow a motorcycle carrier. I have drug the bumper on my 379 a few times, so you will have to watch your angle of approach
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

ThruHauler
    I think I'm gonna trade in the motorcycle for a lighter dual sport and carry that on the class iii receiver on the front of my truck. So now I'm looking for a bolt-on receiver for the back of the solitude 369rl for bicycles and maybe towing my small boat from time to time. Anyone know the frame width? Lippert has some but I'm not sure which i need? http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...ts_Webpage.pdf