User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No start capacitor?

My A/C unit, domestic brisk 2 b59516.711jo is just humming. I have no airflow just a humming. It was every once in a while and becoming more and more frequent. Everything I could find said it was the start capacitor. One problem. I don’t have one. I can find it on the diagram but not the a/c. There’s an asterisk in the diagram that says not used on all models. Was it replaced with something? Does the run capacitor do it all? Help please

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine don't have start capacitors either. I guess some just don't need them. But you can still install one (and hope it fixes the issue. It sounds to me that maybe your compressor starts (hence the hum) but not the fan motor. You can tell if you go up and remove the cover and have someone switch the AC on. Or, you can just try to put the thermostat on FAN and see if the fan runs. If it doesn't then it is likely the fan motor and a start capacitor may not help. While up there you can check to see that the fan turns and the motor isn't seized.

edited....
    Mine had a Run and Fan capacitor. I had to go back and check a photo I had of the wiring diagram from when I put in a Micro Start unit. So maybe replace the fan capacitor and hope for the best. Or at least check the connections (with the power off).
    Last edited by traveldawg; 07-13-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the case fan only works when it feels like it. It does spin by hand. Just sometimes it doesn’t want to start and others it doesn’t want to keep going. It’s been fun.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may have a loose control wire at the t-stat or the ac unit. On our Coleman there is one wire each for compressor , low speed fan , and high speed fan. I had to correct crossed wires at the stat to get proper function. When set to low fan the compressor was running instead of he fan. Wires are push in / friction fit so could easily loose connection.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cfowler55 View Post
    You may have a loose control wire at the t-stat or the ac unit. On our Coleman there is one wire each for compressor , low speed fan , and high speed fan. I had to correct crossed wires at the stat to get proper function. When set to low fan the compressor was running instead of he fan. Wires are push in / friction fit so could easily loose connection.
    Charlie
    I will check that thanks.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced our second failed A/C unit. The new unit (NOT another Dometic Brisk II) didn't come with a start capacitor only a run capacitor. I ordered one separately and installed it. Starts ok without a start capacitor. In any case the capacitor was for the compressor not the fan motor.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dometic doesn't have start capacitor.