Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    It looks like the gas motored 3500 Crew Cab (when properly equipped) can have up to 4398 lbs of payload. What that is really saying, which is like every other truck manufacturer is .....properly equipped = 2WD, base trim package and the gas motor. So that same truck with the Crew Cab, 4WD, loaded up trim package and the diesel will be in the 3500-3600 lb range....pretty much like the Ford and Chevy.....basically nothing to see here.......move along please!
    Well I guess we’re both wrong. A Denali with the crazy tailgate 3,830. An LTZ 3,929.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    Well I guess we’re both wrong. A Denali with the crazy tailgate 3,830. An LTZ 3,929.
    LOL....yep, kind of in the middle of what we were thinking.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    which is a pin weight of 3700 lbs if it's fully loaded or close to fully loaded. I'll say again, both of those trailers are in Dually territory for towing within the limits of the truck.
    That is the estimated payload, if he were to put a rzr in the back and some storage stuff back there, his pin would be lower by several hundred pounds. The teeter totter effect

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotime4 View Post
    That is the estimated payload, if he were to put a rzr in the back and some storage stuff back there, his pin would be lower by several hundred pounds. The teeter totter effect
    Of course it's an estimated payload, I didn't weigh his setup. I do know however, the Toy Haulers are almost universally front heavy and many times you can throw the "average" 20% estimate out the window as they will in reality be more like 22-23% of the trailer weight. And of course a 1300-1500 lb RZR in the back will lighten the pin weight to some degree. I don't know how much, as I don't own a RZR, but then what do you do when the RZR stays home and you're towing the camper without taking it along? Like I clearly stated.......both the 381 and the 388 are Dually territory 5vers.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, just about any of the Momentum 5ers are dually units. That is our next jump and the reason I traded the F350 SRW for the F450. Knowing our exact weights across the CAT scales, capacities, limitations and being be comfortable with our situation is a must when we have that much in tow.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dually's are always stuck in the sand at Pismo. I really like disconnecting and still having a useable vehicle. I did buy a good Bubba rope to pull folks out. Our 3500 pulls the 349m with ease up the Mountains. On our way back from Glamis we hit some high winds(west coast winds) and I slowed down but never missed a beat. We hardly stay at a camp ground or hook up to anything except to dump tanks after the off-road event. I believe no one on this forum understands this west coast outdoor living.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12