User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen sink question

We just picked up our new (2019) 344GK and during our shake down cruise, we noticed that both sides of the kitchen sink appear to have a slight raise around the drains. Preventing them from completely draining, and leaving a small puddle type amount of water in the sink. It’s almost as if the drains have push up slightly making them higher than the surrounding area. We will be adding this item to our warranty follow up. But was wondering if anybody else experienced this. TIA
    Harold & Susie
    2019 344GK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, we have owned two 2018 GD trailers and haven't seen this one.

Our experience with dealer service has been really bad, such that I've come reluctantly to the conclusion that even though it's covered by warranty it's faster, easier, and more reliable if you just fix it yourself. I am by no means the only owner who has come to this conclusion.

Before going back to the dealer I'd look under the sink, see if the drain plumbing was cut a bit long and it's pushing up the sink drains. Possibly just loosening the connector ring and then tightening it while someone pushes down on the sink drain might cure the problem, or maybe taking it apart and trimming the end of the pipe 1/4" would do it.

Good luck with the repair, whichever way you look after it.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-14-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyscout gives advice which I followed before he even said it! Our kitchen sink is one large bowl, stainless and it is pretty thin. SWMBO complained that water didn’t seem to drain, IMO the plumbing was a touch too long and was pushing up on the bottom of the sink. Once loosened and reconnected it drains fine. Hope your’s works out as easily.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.