Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DirecTv round dish to R22 receiver wiring

We have a DirecTv system, using a round dish with a single LNB and two coax connections. On previous 5th wheels, I was able to drill two holes in the side and using a connector box, route two coax wires into the 5th wheel and connecting them to the two tuners on the R22 receiver (DVR). This worked great. But with our new 2019 344GK, I would too use the existing single coax within the 5th wheel, and at the satellite plate in the living room, connect to a DirecTv splitter, and then to both tuners in the R22. This would save me from drilling two holes in this new rig and make for an easier install. In theory this should work, but would like to hear from the experts. Thanks for your help.
    Harold & Susie
    2019 344GK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say you can't just split the single coax from LNB to feed the 2 inputs on the receiver.
    I don't use satellite, but from prior directv house use and reading, I'd think you need a compatible antenna and a directv SWM to use a single coax and multiple tuners or receivers.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post182681
    http://www.tech-faq.com/directv-swm.html
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi...has anyone ever heard of a receiver locking up during "verifying configuration"? I bring it back into the house and it automatically setup by itself. Only reson I can think of is that it can't verify config because I'm on the wrong bird and it can't setup. I mean it locks up, can't exit/cancel I have to reboot the rcvr.