Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 312 BHTS ISSUES

We have a 2018 312BHTS that we love. Our issues:

1. Main awning will not line up when closing causing tension that has caused the two front mounting bolts to pop out. I am concerned about the stability of the awning now. Dealer adjusted it over a month ago with the same result on our next trip. Fully extended it rubs on the front side of the slide out. Dealer says cut one of the swimming pool noodles and place on each corner. Maybe a bad design. I would think a solution would be to have a slide out topper and independent awnings over door and over outside kitchen.

2. Skylight over sink cracking. Just the interior one not the outside main one.

3. Bottom of Bunkhouse slide out sticks out about one inch. Dealer said if they fixed the bottom gear the top would stick out. They put a thicker D seal under the bottom as a solution.

This is a fine coach and we enjoy it whenever we go out.

If you have similar issues please post.

Thanks
    CarrollPark

2009 Silverado 2500HD
    13mpg

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarrollPark View Post
    We have a 2018 312BHTS that we love. Our issues:

1. Main awning will not line up when closing causing tension that has caused the two front mounting bolts to pop out. I am concerned about the stability of the awning now. Dealer adjusted it over a month ago with the same result on our next trip. Fully extended it rubs on the front side of the slide out. Dealer says cut one of the swimming pool noodles and place on each corner. Maybe a bad design. I would think a solution would be to have a slide out topper and independent awnings over door and over outside kitchen.

2. Skylight over sink cracking. Just the interior one not the outside main one.

3. Bottom of Bunkhouse slide out sticks out about one inch. Dealer said if they fixed the bottom gear the top would stick out. They put a thicker D seal under the bottom as a solution.

This is a fine coach and we enjoy it whenever we go out.

If you have similar issues please post.

Thanks
    CarrollPark

2009 Silverado 2500HD
    13mpg
    1. We have a similar issue with out awning sitting and rubbing on the top of the kitchen slide out on our 297RSTS. I find that if I retract about 1/2 a turn of the drum then I have about 1 - 2" of clearance so that is what we do. Agree that this is not an optimal design and would rather have the 2 awnings that I see on some other GD trailers. Have not had mounting bolt issues.

2. Sounds like the dealer needs to replace this.

3. Think the dealer is wrong about the top sticking out. When my slides come in the top touches the trailer first and then the bottom comes in flush as the slide tilts. Once the motor clutch ratchets both top and bottom are in and tight. There is an adjustment that can be made to allow the slide to come in more at the bottom.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 312 and the awning is probably what we hate the most. Basically useless. If we do put it out just to get some shade on the top of the slide, since there’s not any sitting under it ourselves for shade, it runs the top corners of the slide too. I have tried the pool noodles, but wind up having to chase them down if the wind blows just right. Instead I just roll it out to where it’s still tight and not dropping down on the slide. No issues with the bolts though.

Our bunkroom slide is the same with the bottom not tight against the side of the camper. Was told that was normal.

The outside portion of our kitchen skylight cracked. Just out of the blue, no hail or while traveling or anything. Heard a pop one day from that area and didn’t know what it was. Got up one morning soon after when it was lightly raining and noticed water streaming down into the bar. I just put some clear caulk over the crack after seeing how much a new skylight would cost.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I have sent Grand Design an email in hopes we can come to some type of agreement on these issues.