User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    Going from a Diesel to naturally aspirated gas, you are going to find yourself thinking the engine is going to fly apart on you. 6.2 gasser is a good engine, but its peak power is north of 4000RPM so you have to wind it up to make it pull.
    Greetings... I currently have an 2017 F-250 6.2L and a 2019 303RLS... have not hit the hills yet, but i'm having questions about it's ability pulling through the mountains. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
    2018 RAM 3500 SLT 4x4 6.7L
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    USMC-Ret

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccorrie View Post
    Greetings... I currently have an 2017 F-250 6.2L and a 2019 303RLS... have not hit the hills yet, but i'm having questions about it's ability pulling through the mountains. Any info you can share would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
    I test drove a 2019 Lariat with 3.73’s & 20” wheels today, unfortunately the performance was pretty dismal in my opinion. I also came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn’t be happy long term with 3.73’s towing. Around town they are OK but coming out of my 6.7L into the 6.2/3.73 probably won’t work for me. It’s a shame because I loved the truck otherwise & when I drove one with the 18” wheels I thought it was fine.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccorrie View Post

Thanks in advance...
    It will pull, but you need to wind it up and let it downshift. My biggest complaint about the truck is that it really hates to give up 6th gear. If it was quicker to downshift it would be much more pleasant to drive. You just have to stick your foot in there and make it go.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkwilson View Post
    It will pull, but you need to wind it up and let it downshift. My biggest complaint about the truck is that it really hates to give up 6th gear. If it was quicker to downshift it would be much more pleasant to drive. You just have to stick your foot in there and make it go.
    If you have the option to lock out 6th or 5th gear when you are in a hilly or mountainous areas that will help alot, the key is to keep the rpms up
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I’m seriously considering trading out of my 6.7l into a newer F-350/250 with the gas 6.2L for many reasons but mainly so the wife can drive it daily without me worrying about what she’s using for fuel. I’d like to buy a used 17-19 but can’t find any 4.30 geared trucks, looking at new I’ve only found four 4.30 trucks within 300 miles but they don’t have the factory fifth wheel hitch set up or the options that I want. I’m towing a Reflection 150 series 290BH that’s supposed to weigh 10k loaded, haven’t scaled it & don’t see the need for either truck I choose.

My next issue is that no one has any fifth wheel prep packages on the lot in New England so it looks like I’ll need to add the Ford factory set up afterwards. New or used I’ll need to add the factory set up so there is a financial cost either way to whatever truck I find, obviously more installed after the fact. I can order the truck I want but I’d really prefer used so I can run it for a few years without a huge depreciation hit. By then the 7.3l will have been out for a couple of years & I can then order one or buy used.

So who’s towing around 10k with a gas Super Duty, hows the performance? Wish you got the 4.30’s or something else?
    If you are considering 6.2L with 4.30 and 5th wheel prep, I would order from Ford, that way you get what you want, and nothing that you don't need, and you can still negotiate price, and compare dealers pricing of apples to apples, and you can lock in rebates
    The 4.30 works great
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    If you are considering 6.2L with 4.30 and 5th wheel prep, I would order from Ford, that way you get what you want, and nothing that you don't need, and you can still negotiate price, and compare dealers pricing of apples to apples, and you can lock in rebates
    The 4.30 works great
    Mark
    I’ve considered ordering but the 0% interest deal expires at the end of this month & is for trucks on the lot currently. If I miss the deal I may wait for the 2020’s or possibly order one, still haven’t decided. Either way dealers aren’t willing to deal at all with the current promo so missing it won’t be the end of the world.
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I just saw your post. I have a 2019 F-250 with a 6.2 liter, 3.73 and 18 inch tires. I tow a Reflection 290BH as well. While I will not win any speed races I am happy with my set up. I miss the quickness of my old F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost but then again I purchased the F-250 for towing the 290BH not for racing. I love the 5 wheel prep. I just took out the hitch for the first time and now I have a clean bed for hauling some OSB I need for a project I am working on. I ordered mine from the factory and had it in 5 weeks. I was pretty picky on what I wanted. As soon as you say 6.2 liter and 5th wheel package there are very few Super duty trucks out there on the lots. Good luck on your decision making process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by manofslip View Post
    Hello,

I just saw your post. I have a 2019 F-250 with a 6.2 liter, 3.73 and 18 inch tires. I tow a Reflection 290BH as well. While I will not win any speed races I am happy with my set up. I miss the quickness of my old F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost but then again I purchased the F-250 for towing the 290BH not for racing. I love the 5 wheel prep. I just took out the hitch for the first time and now I have a clean bed for hauling some OSB I need for a project I am working on. I ordered mine from the factory and had it in 5 weeks. I was pretty picky on what I wanted. As soon as you say 6.2 liter and 5th wheel package there are very few Super duty trucks out there on the lots. Good luck on your decision making process.
    I’ve had to come to realization that I’ll need to purchase the factory prep package & install it after the fact, a little inconvenient but not the end of the world. The benefits of the factory fifth wheel package far outweigh the inconvenience of installing after the fact. I love it & won’t have a truck without it ever again.
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I’ve considered ordering but the 0% interest deal expires at the end of this month & is for trucks on the lot currently. If I miss the deal I may wait for the 2020’s or possibly order one, still haven’t decided. Either way dealers aren’t willing to deal at all with the current promo so missing it won’t be the end of the world.
    I guess they will not lock in the 0% with the order, they should.
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t see where the 4:30s would be a big advantage over the 3:73s except on starting from a dead stop, and giving a bit more closer transmission ratios between gears.

Wouldn’t 3:73s in 5th gear run about the same RPMs as a truck with 4:30s in 6th gear ??

If the 4:30s need 4th to pull a hill, 3rd should do it with 3:73s.

The engine does not know what final drive ratio you have and what transmission gear you are in, it just gives you the RPMs required to turn the rear tires.

Except explained previously, the hole shot would be the exception, as well as a lower final drive ratio would close up the transmission ratios, perhaps causing a bit more shifting with the higher ratio.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast