User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to remove wall panels from 349 momentum

How do i remove big wall panels from the wall to gain access to the inside to run 12v wiring? There must be a trick to it. I don't want to damage anything.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IUsually the edges are covered with trim or tape. Pull it off and the pieces will usually be stapled or brad. The edges fray and break easily so gently pull and raise getting as far under as you can before prying. Don't be afraid, you can always throw a piece of trim over it to cover. Sometimes it's easier to start on the edges sometimes the middle of the wall. Feel around.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not an original idea. I got it off this forum but I can't remember who posted it first. Take a large putty/dry wall knife, insert the blade about a 1/4" in a vise, heat it red hot with a torch and bent it to 90 degrees. I made 2 of these and used one on either side of the trim and sort of rocked the trim until it came off the nail. Then use this to very carefully pry the trim out of the corner of the wall and at the ceiling. Remove the nails with pliers as they will tend to remain in the wall. The nails that stay in the trim can be snipped off with wire cutters before reassembly. . Once the trim is all removed start at the corner of the wall and using the same technique start prying the wall panel loose at the edge. Continue around until the panel is free. Just remember to go slow.

Once the panel is removed you should be lucky enough to find a passage to your desired location, in my case to get solar wiring from the roof to the pass through.

Hope this helps
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Where are you trying to run a 12v wire to?

The outside wall panels cannot be removed so you know. They are bonded to the trailer structure.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=powerscol;245917]Where are you trying to run a 12v wire to?

To all my 110v TV's (now 12v jensen TV's), as these stock glampmobile tv's are useless for boondocking without a generator. I got a good solar panel and a couple of sets of 6v golf cart batts (4 total) so i run as much on 12V as possible in the desert and remote places. It also runs the 12v OTA DVR+ by channelmaster. Plenty of juice to drive all. But no 12v outlets anywhere in coach.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=john cecchini;245980]
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Where are you trying to run a 12v wire to?

To all my 110v TV's (now 12v jensen TV's), as these stock glampmobile tv's are useless for boondocking without a generator. I got a good solar panel and a couple of sets of 6v golf cart batts (4 total) so i run as much on 12V as possible in the desert and remote places. It also runs the 12v OTA DVR+ by channelmaster. Plenty of juice to drive all. But no 12v outlets anywhere in coach.
    If the wires run to the basement area try this. Get some stiff wire (like bailing wire) and go in through the 110V outlet (power off). Pull receptacle and take wire, make a loose circle around the 110 cable. You want the wire to slide freely down the 110 cable and try and feed to basement by pushing the wire down. You might get lucky. Going from the basement up might work too. In addition some wires run through the ceiling. You can get to that area by pulling the trim ring on a vent. Also on my unit there is a lot of space beside the vent stack going from the basement to the attic - good place to run wires. It was used for my solar install. Last possibly give GD a call on where the wires run. Now if the 110 is on a dedicate circuit for just the TV, reuse the 110 wire for 12 volt. Be sure to label both ends as such. However I doubt the did that.

Just some thoughts.
    Keith
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar