User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional bathroom lighting

The light in our bathroom started going all disco crazy on us, so had to order a new one. Ordered the wrong size, just so happens the sizes are for the dome, not the back that goes in the hole. Keep that in mind if you need one in the future. Had a couple lights that were too small, so fixed an issue my wife had complained about in the past, not enough light when looking in the mirror. Guess I’m just good enough at putting on my make up that it didn’t bother me.

Top two are the ones that I ordered first. Bottom is the correct one and already replaced the strobey one, so still have an extra. Possible ideal for it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2927.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	21347

Marked off two spots 5 1/2” from the face of the cabinet and 5” from each side of the cabinet. Puts them out far enough that reflect off the mirror and bit, but not to far to be too close to the other light.

Name:	IMG_2928.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	21348

Holes cut and wires fished through. Whole project would have been pretty quick if I would have had a hole bit. We are full time so my tools are limited. Used a jig saw blade by hand. Fishing the wires was easy with a coat hanger, there is a truss in between, but no problem.

Name:	IMG_2929.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	21349

And all lit up!

Name:	IMG_2930.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	21350

If you haven’t messed with these lights before, take heed. The things are like rat traps, be mindful of where your fingers are in relation to the springs that hold them in. Especially when taking them out!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post, I will not let my boss see it, she will want it done ASAP.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Great post, I will not let my boss see it, she will want it done ASAP.
    It’s not that bad though to do. I did it while mine was at work and I had the 4 and 5 year old on my own and finished in less than an hour. Would have been probably 20 minutes if I had a hole bit and. no I’m thirsty, I’m hungry, bubba is looking at me and sissy touched me interruptions. . Now to see how long it takes her to notice it!

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might be a shower in your future, she will appreciate your handiwork. Looks good.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiddy View Post
    Might be a shower in your future, she will appreciate your handiwork. Looks good.
    After a couple trips into the bathroom to get something out of the medicine cabinet and not noticing, our four year old finally asked if she liked the new lights. Once she realized they were there she loved it.
    This is why I love to do projects while she’s not around, get to see how long it takes for her to notice. Had to replace the belt on the drier in our former stick and brick once. While I had the stacked unit out of the closet sized laundry room I decided to use up some extra paint and laminate flooring from other projects to spiffy it up. Went from white to a slate gray walls, bare plywood to hardwood looking floor and even trimmed out the window with nice stained wood. Three days later of going in and out she finally asked noticed something was different! I love it.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We recently did this as well in our 337. Love it!
    Tony and Barbara
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ford F350 KR CC/SB 4X4
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked into doing this Mod several months ago and hit that truss and stopped. Seeing your post renewed my effort. ThanksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	21626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	21626
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So can one of you describe how you fished around the trusses? Squeeze between the ceiling panel and the truss?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you remove the original light use the fish and go up to the roof and you should go over the truss. Give it a try and let us know.
    David & Kyrenda
    2010 Ford F-250 Diesel
    2019 Reflection 337rls
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just changed the motion light in the bathroom to a regular one. The main light in the bathroom was behind your head when standing at the mirror, the motion light was directly over the sink. We were always turning on the motion light along with the main light in there, so we made it so both light work off the light switch.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)