Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 320G Questions

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just got back. Pulled the trigger on the 320G and Anderson hitch you have. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the 320G as much as we do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.barnett71 View Post
    This is the one I have. Also, pay attention to make sure the pin box does not hit the sides of your truck bed. I had to put the receiver to the rear of the king pin on the 320G.

Attachment 21492

So, talked to the dealership today and I now have more questions! I bought my F350 at 26K used and while the original window sticker states 5th wheel prep, My RV guy said it should have come with something called a turnover ball. The RV shop said they want me to through Ford to get a replacement for the missing ball.

My question is are these standard? I'm finding both 2 5/16 and 3 inch balls out there. The RV dealer is pretty hands off with this for some reason and I'd rather grab something off Amazon that's returnable vs going through Ford which will for sure be more expensive and probably has a lead time to ship.

Any feedback is appreciated especially from any 2017 F350 owners out there with an Anderson 3220 (ahem..Steve you there....?). I've been bumper haulin' for 15 years and this 5ver stuff is new to me.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    So, talked to the dealership today and I now have more questions! I bought my F350 at 26K used and while the original window sticker states 5th wheel prep, My RV guy said it should have come with something called a turnover ball. The RV shop said they want me to through Ford to get a replacement for the missing ball.

My question is are these standard? I'm finding both 2 5/16 and 3 inch balls out there. The RV dealer is pretty hands off with this for some reason and I'd rather grab something off Amazon that's returnable vs going through Ford which will for sure be more expensive and probably has a lead time to ship.

Any feedback is appreciated especially from any 2017 F350 owners out there with an Anderson 3220 (ahem..Steve you there....?). I've been bumper haulin' for 15 years and this 5ver stuff is new to me.
    I have a 2016 F350 I purchased new with the 5th wheel prep puck system and I did not receive a turnover ball or anything similar, just 5 puck holes and caps/trim rings in my bed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We checked this model out yesterday and we really like it as well. The local dealers only ordered with 2 AC units. Does anyone think this model would needs the 3rd AC? Or is it really only required in FL/AZ states?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

320G Questions

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    We checked this model out yesterday and we really like it as well. The local dealers only ordered with 2 AC units. Does anyone think this model would needs the 3rd AC? Or is it really only required in FL/AZ states?
    It depends on when and where you camp and how you’re using the garage.

We went through the same discussion this week. We had the option to buy one of two 320Gs on the lot. We opted for the 3rd unit setup. We had just got back from a trip out west in a 33 foot travel trailer with the second ac just added. The two units kept up in the triple digit heat however never shut off even at night. These toyhaulers have 2-3 feet more headspace. If you’re camping in plus 90s and plan on using the garage as living space I’d say yes. You need it.

Realistically you can add the 3rd down the road. The list price from the factory for the 3rd is just under $1000. I installed mine on my previous trailer for $770. If you had the dealer add later your probably around $1200. If it were me I’d work it into the deal.
    The two units my dealer had were priced the same so I’d think the real cost on that ac has to be less than $500 plus labor.

Last edited by MooManChu; 07-26-2019 at 06:25 AM.
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Doesn't the factory have some type of load management for the 3ACs? If you add a 3rd, will that be retained?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyBell View Post
    Doesn't the factory have some type of load management for the 3ACs? If you add a 3rd, will that be retained?
    Depends on what you mean by add..

My dealer said if I bought the unit on the lot with only two ACs, They'd drop in another AC with independent controls. To add an AC to the load management, I will assume it is similar to my last trailer and you would have to find a ducted AC unit compatible to the the thermostat system along with the control board and another thermostat. Not sure if the walls are prewired or they'd have to drop a low voltage line to the wall. Regardless, the thought of adding to the load management system probably gets expensive.

I'm still not clear on what "load management" means in the context of the the AC system explained by our dealer rep during the walkthrough. I did get it home and connect to my 50amp RV outlet I had installed in the garage. Unfortunately, I had to use an old 30amp RV extension cord with adapters since the power connection on the 320G is in the front of the unit and my other trailer was in the rear. That said, I turned on all three AC units down to 60 degrees and it appeared they were rolling back and forth with the compressors never running simultaneously on more than two units at any one time. Coincidence, maybe, but I never popped the breaker and my voltage never dropped below 109.
    Last edited by MooManChu; 07-30-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD7144D3-C953-4AD9-9250-6D34DBB6386E.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	21761

This is Anderson’s new pin for the bed, hitch just slips over and locks in. They call it a bed shaft
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Got one. For those looking I called Andersen direct and talked to a sales rep. I got it shipped for $85

2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.barnett71 View Post
    1. I modified the wall in the pass through storage area. It is angled and wastes a lot of space. Also, we keep our chairs under the bed in the front bedroom. Tons of storage space there.
    2. We tow with the exact model of truck and it does great.
    3. They have have sewer hose holder and I added one more that I purchased from Amazon.
    4. The 3 season door for the 2020 model is a new version that has glass windows. We really like ours.
    Can you explain about how you modified your angled pass-thru wall? Is it just an open cavity behind it? Pics would be great!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast