User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 320G Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zester View Post
    Can you explain about how you modified your angled pass-thru wall? Is it just an open cavity behind it? Pics would be great!
    Me 2. I would like to free up space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
    2017 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 PSD Super Duty

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zester View Post
    Can you explain about how you modified your angled pass-thru wall? Is it just an open cavity behind it? Pics would be great!
    Unfortunately I did not take pictures behind the wall. It is mostly an open cavity. I did have to move the transfer switch a few inches, but that did not require any wiring changes. I made the wall straight and gained quite a bit of space.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Thanks. Got one. For those looking I called Andersen direct and talked to a sales rep. I got it shipped for $85

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you like it? We are looking at the Anderson Hitch and are considering this as well! Do you have the Anderson chain kit as well?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up with an Anderson, as well. So far, it's been fantastic! It was easy to install, set up (we had to figure it out at the dealership before we towed it home) and after we got home, it was 5 minutes to remove from the bed. Pretty amazing piece.

One thing that wasn't clear in the instructions was that when you torque the bolts on the hitch to the gooseneck ball in the bed, don't full tighten them until you get the pressure of the trailer on the hitch. After you put the trailer weight down on the hitch, THEN fully tighten and torque it to 60ft/lbs. Mine got much tighter after that.

Also, for our Ram 3500 6.5ft bed, we turned the hitch coupler toward the rear of the trailer (behind the kingpin). That seems to be the preferred method for that particular truck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kim_e83 View Post
    How do you like it? We are looking at the Anderson Hitch and are considering this as well! Do you have the Anderson chain kit as well?
    Yes, we did the chain kit and bed shaft. Dealer installed the hitch, however after watching that process, I could have saved myself the cost of installation and did it in their delivery bay in about 10 minutes.

As far as the hitch, it has been great. I use my bed on weekends when not camping and pulling the base and bed shaft is a breeze. It handles well and compared to our bumper pull, night and day.

However, I need to put this out there though because I'm actually going to put my Andersen, shaft, and chains n the classifieds probably in the next few weeks. After only going out 4 times this summer, I have a setup where I carry cargo with me when we camp and I need only a few inches of height, but the full length of our bed, so the base is a bit in the way of that. I am going to move to a gooseneck, however only for that reason. I am going to miss the easy, nearly foolproof hookup...you can actually be off a couple inches when you drop the pin and the base on the receiver is very forgiving, however i want to be able to have the space near the wheel wells. That said, if you see my id in there selling the Andersen, it's nothing to do with the hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also got the chain kit, but are using the Ram puck tiedowns instead of the Anderson version. Anderson told me you could just connect the chain hooks on to the hitch, but that seems sketchy lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123