User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Weldersweetheart13

Norcold 1200 fridge Condensation problems

hello. I was wondering if anyone one else has had this problem, and what the fix could be.

We have the 4 door Norcold fridge in our Solitude 379FL. We've not even had it a week, & It's been creating condensation on the panel between the two doors, and when you open it, it drips onto the floor. I lowered the temp of the fridge, and that helped at first. But I noticed yesterday evening, it was doing it again. My food is cold, everything seems to be "working". Just tired of the water drips off the doors when I open it. I checked the drip line in the back of the fridge and there was no water in there at all.

Please help!

pwrplay
    Your door may not be fully sealed when closed. We had this issue with ours on the freezer door. There was a lot of condensation in the freezer and it wasn't keeping the food frozen.
    I discovered that the handle for the freezer wasn't closing tightly. I could feel slight cold air coming from around the door handle and even a little moisture when it was closed.
    I had to loosen the 2 screws that hold the handle in place, then push the handle in while tightening the screws. The door now seals completely and no more condensation/ defrosted food in the freezer.

Weldersweetheart13
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
    Your door may not be fully sealed when closed. We had this issue with ours on the freezer door. There was a lot of condensation in the freezer and it wasn't keeping the food frozen.
    I discovered that the handle for the freezer wasn't closing tightly. I could feel slight cold air coming from around the door handle and even a little moisture when it was closed.
    I had to loosen the 2 screws that hold the handle in place, then push the handle in while tightening the screws. The door now seals completely and no more condensation/ defrosted food in the freezer.

Ok, thanks! It seems to be sealing good, but I haven't checked the seal with a dollar bill like I've read. It's cooling fine. Just the panel between the doors is dripping water when you open it. It seems to do it more when it's raining outside. I wonder if humidity has something to do with it?