User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve wondered about seals in all these threads on Dometic fridge problems. The only times our fridge section goes higher in temp (routinely 32-33 F) is when we open the door a lot or when the door isn’t completely closed. For the latter, it looks closed but when it’s pushed it’ll click. After that, temp goes right down to 32-33F.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The doors are not built for a solid close like our house refer. If I just swing the door to shut it, they have a tendency to "bounce" open. I wonder if the doors are continuously opening and closing during travel. I've seen several mentions about the problems with the door closure mechanism. I will take a closer look at that.
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are quite a few threads on refrigerator issues so I apologize if this has already been said - since you mentioned the temp going up during travel, have you looked to see if the propane hose is being crimped when the kitchen slide is closed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jeff & Susan
    With Annie, our dachshund
    2019 Reflection 303RLS #123, TST 507 TPMS
    2019 F-350 XLT 4x4 PSD SRW CC LB Factory 5th Wheel Prep Package
    B&W Companion OEM Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to the mention by jlspence99, I think I found a significant problem that I have had with the fridge...while taking a close look at the seals I noticed the handles are not latching the doors shut. I think that during travel the doors have been opening and if anyone opening the doors does not move the handles to the latched position, you are relying totally on the seals for closure. And I verified the propane hose is not being crimped.
    Last edited by saguido; 08-25-2020 at 05:01 AM.
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ended up removing the baffle in my 303 rls and so far happy with the results.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll share my experience with the Dometic DM2882 in our 295RL.
    The fridge initially did the same as yours. Took a full day to get to 38 degrees (no lower) and got into the 50’s during the day. Took it back to the dealer; they “looked” at it, “tested” it, and proclaimed it working just fine. Next trip out, same results.
    Talked with Dometic Customer Service (useless) and Grand Design (a little more responsive); still no fix.
    After reading several threads on this website, as well as a couple others, I took on “fixing” it myself.
    Mine did not have a baffle, and it had a large open gap above the fridge. I stuffed the opening above the fridge with fiberglas insulation, all the way out to the cooling baffles. I ordered and installed a second cooling fan (same model as the OEM already there), effectively doubling the air movement across the coils. I also added an internal fan in the fridge to help circulate air there.
    Now I get temps in the low 30’s, and seldom above 40. It cools off in about 8 hours when first started. I am conscientious about making sure the defrost cycle kicks in during the middle of the night; if I turned it on anytime other than the middle of the afternoon, I shut it off and turn it back on at about 3-4 PM within the first 48 hours. We’re still keeping a close eye on it, and if it gives us problems again, I’m likely to jerk it out and put in a residential fridge.
    Lots of us have had issues with the Dometic fridges. The general consensus among us seems to be that they are garbage.
    Good luck with it. I hope you can work it out.
    Mike

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234