User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    Ours continues be run high. Can’t get below 42. I have done everything possible after hours of reading to get it to work. I even ran the last couple nights with the outside cover off on both propane and electric and no change. Really disappointed I can’t store food in my fridge.
    I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this, but are you loading up your fridge? An RV fridge, unlike a home fridge, requires space around the items inside. You can't really fill it up.

Also, just asking, but does your fridge have the little clip on the fins that you can move? We had to move ours over about two fins to get the right temperature inside.

The last two days we've been in Las Vegas - 100+ degrees every day, 90s at night. The fridge is pretty steady at 38-41 degrees, running on electric. Unlike what you've been told, we were told it should run better on propane. Ours does.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I'm sorry if you've already mentioned this, but are you loading up your fridge? An RV fridge, unlike a home fridge, requires space around the items inside. You can't really fill it up.

Also, just asking, but does your fridge have the little clip on the fins that you can move? We had to move ours over about two fins to get the right temperature inside.

The last two days we've been in Las Vegas - 100+ degrees every day, 90s at night. The fridge is pretty steady at 38-41 degrees, running on electric. Unlike what you've been told, we were told it should run better on propane. Ours does.
    Thank you for the information I appreciate it. I agree they always run better on propane (this is our 7th or 8th rv) and have never had problems like this. Unless I missed it there is no sensor attached to the fin, it is on the ceiling of the fridge.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saguido. Have you looked into your fridge owners manual?

I have Dometic DM2862RBFX SPECS and on page 24 says the following...
    "If there is more than 1/4" between the side or top of the refrigerator and the inside of the enclosure, fill the space with insulation, baffles, or other non-flammable fabricated seals. • Do not allow insulation to come into contact with the cooling unit. ➤ Cut the insulation two to three inches shorter than the depth of the enclosure. ➤ Secure the insulation to the enclosure walls and ceiling. This will prevent it from shifting when the refrigerator is installed".
    There is no insulation and there is no baffle.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My dealer has a case open with Grand Design regarding the refer performance. Been waiting over a month on that issue. When I was considering buying this trailer, I was told Grand Design was the best with prompt customer service. I have not seen that yet. I can take the day and a half at home before a trip to get the refer cold, but by the time I drive 2 hours to the campsite, the temp is back up to 40's-50's. The dealer mentioned this may be due to flame-out during travel. Oh, we are careful about loading the refer. I realize it needs internal air flow to work correctly.
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2018 GMC Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed Duramax
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get an answer from GD. We just bought a 303rls with this fridge it has the baffle. We have only used it in mild weather and it worked fine, but we will use it in VERY hot weather. I would like to make sure before we start our travels in the spring that the Fridge is up to the job.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not been able to resolve this issue with Grand Design. I have been communicating directly with Grand Design since the 9/24 but the last correspondence was 10/8. Since then, there have been no responses to emails and voice messages.
    B&W Companion Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    Here is where I located mine in the refrigerator against the cooling fins. Bought them on Amazon.Attachment 22414
    which direction are the fans blowing? Toward or away from the fin's?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design gave the dealer instructions on how to fix the lack of insulation around the refer and improve the air flow. This work was done and it appears the unit is working better. For our most recent trip, we turned it on thursday night, which got it down to a temp in the 30's, loaded it friday mid afternoon, then drove 30 miles to the campsite in low 80's around 5 that evening. The refer temp was at 46 degrees. Overnight the temp went back to the 30's, but during a low 80's day, the temp creeped back up to mid 40's. I suspect my wife had the door open too much, but not sure. Overall, I'm beginning to think this unit's operational limits are being exceeded and if using in temps over 80, you need to compensate by careful loading and conservative use of opening the doors. Funny thing is, I see no issues with the freezer! Should I learn to live with this unit or can it be replaced with something that is known to have better performance?
    B&W Companion Hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saguido View Post
    Grand Design gave the dealer instructions on how to fix the lack of insulation around the refer and improve the air flow. This work was done and it appears the unit is working better. For our most recent trip, we turned it on thursday night, which got it down to a temp in the 30's, loaded it friday mid afternoon, then drove 30 miles to the campsite in low 80's around 5 that evening. The refer temp was at 46 degrees. Overnight the temp went back to the 30's, but during a low 80's day, the temp creeped back up to mid 40's. I suspect my wife had the door open too much, but not sure. Overall, I'm beginning to think this unit's operational limits are being exceeded and if using in temps over 80, you need to compensate by careful loading and conservative use of opening the doors. Funny thing is, I see no issues with the freezer! Should I learn to live with this unit or can it be replaced with something that is known to have better performance?
    The temps you posted are not food safe. Either mod the fridge with fans like others here have done, or replace it with a residential fridge.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saguido View Post
    Are you getting frost build up on the fins fairly quick? Take a dollar and close it into the door to check the seals. If the dollar pulls out easily the seal needs replacing. Be sure to do this in several spots around the fridge. It onlt takes one small area of the seal to throw the fridge temps off.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast