User Tag List

Thread: shower drain

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shower drain

Having a little trouble getting the shower to drain on our 2250rk folks. We're new to this rving life due to my wife being a travel nurse and I'm just tagging along to get things set up so I'm at a loss. I drained both tanks this morning but the shower only went down a little. Any advice from you folks will be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chep58 View Post
    Having a little trouble getting the shower to drain on our 2250rk folks. We're new to this rving life due to my wife being a travel nurse and I'm just tagging along to get things set up so I'm at a loss. I drained both tanks this morning but the shower only went down a little. Any advice from you folks will be greatly appreciated.
    Ours has a light gage metal strainer that can be removed by prying up with a knife or similar. Under this is a tapered fitting, ours is reinforced with a plastic cross, hair/soap/etc collects on this and I have to clean it off now and then.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Rich T, thank you for the quick reply I'll head in and check it.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you have a "duckbill type" trap or not, but I found our duckbill to have inverted itself. These things also need to be cleaned periodically as hair gets caught in them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190715-123114_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	21367

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to make sure I am following correctly. When you say trouble getting the shower to drain; do you have standing water in the floor of the shower? Or are you seeing the tank gauge showing that that grey tank for the shower is not empty?
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Rich T said, check the strainer. I use Oil of Olay body wash and it will clog that drain once in a while.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FT4NOW, Keebler, Dick Noble, you folks are awesome. Thanks for the replys. Hair and soap in the trap stopped the drain. Gonna keep a closer eye on it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Chep58, welcome to the forum.

I bought the things at the link below from the store in an RV resort in Florida. In fact, they were cheap and I didn't think they'd last all that well so I bought several sets of them.

Seven months later we're still on the original first set. They've stood up well to usage including regular whacking them hard on the sides of garbage pails to clean them out. They do a GREAT job of keeping solids out of your drains and tanks.

The three sizes fit perfectly in the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and shower drain. Highly recommended. Glad you got your problem sorted.

https://www.amazon.ca/Camco-42273-Assorted-Shower-Strainers/dp/B000T9YO5E

Ooops, just noticed that's an Amazon Canada link. You'll surely be able to find the product on Amazon.com or in an RV store somewhere.
    Last edited by boyscout; 07-15-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch