User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5th Wheel Backup Mirror

I can't see my fifth wheel hitch from the front seat of the truck when I'm hooking up, so I decided to try a mirror. I found a convex mirror designed to be mounted on a truck as a blind spot mirror. I removed the plastic cover that is on the top of my Turning Point pin box. There are 4 plastic rivets that were easy to pry up and tape around the edges of the cover. I lifted it off and mounted the mirror with stainless steel bolts. There is a raised part in the middle that worked perfectly to provide the space needed for the bolts and nuts. I also put a small sticker in the back window that I aligned with a mark on the pin box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fl8qOejCTxuMWko5QvYdZA.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	21376
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aKgrr5nISMW6xya01JUaiA.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	21377

Now when I hook up, I line up the 2 marks and reverse until I see the edge of the hitch in the mirror. Then I hop out and check to make sure the pin box is the right height and inspect that everything looks good. Then back into the truck and back up until I see the hitch connect and the lever move into the locked position. Works great and I just fold it down when not in use.

Bob
    2014 Ford F-150 Ecoboost / Max Tow / HD Payload
    2018 Reflection 295RL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing! This is an awesome mod...now I have plans for my weekend.
    Iraq/Afghanistan Veteran - UMICH BBA, M.B.A.
    2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Denali 6.0
    2018 Grand Design 150 series Reflection 290 BH
    Bride - Anna, Son - Robert, and Gracie "the dog"
    Flint, Michigan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]