User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we changed to Sailiuns last year we also installed the Centramatics. My husband says he can feel the defference. To ensure you have the correct balancer for your tire, I suggest you call them. The woman who helped us was great and knew right away what we should have (it was not shown on the website). They are installed between the hub and the wheel, so do not interfer with the TPMS.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading other positive reviews of the Centramatic wheel balancers I decided to buy a set. Well we just returned from our first trip with them installed and they made a big improvement! The trailer seemed to tow smoother, less bouncing and we didn't have to move the furniture back into place when we stopped!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We have had them for 2 years now. Tires are wearing even and things in the trailer stay in place when traveling.
    Centramatic Balancers:

I'm leaning toward buying a set, but I'm at a loss about which model/size to buy. The Centramatic web-site is pretty dismal.

I've got ST235/80R16 Westlake F's on 16 inch wheels with 8 bolts in a 6.5" bolt circle. The web-site seems to suggest that either 300-318 or 400-409 would work for me. Not very definitive. I'll call Centramatic before ordering, but does anyone have insight based on experience?
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to follow this thread.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got off the phone with Centramatic. For my 16" RV wheels, they recommend the 300-318 A model. The B model is for truck wheels. I'm going to order a set. Will report on installation and performance after I get them installed.
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I run Centramatics on my TV as well as the trailer and even on my Goldwing. Never have to worry about them. It amazes me that people even think you dont need to balance trailer tires, why not? Would you drive your TV without balancing the tires???
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude don't just follow. Call and order them you wont regret it.
    Johnny and Cindy with Bubba & Bopper – rescue furbabies
    2019 Momentum 398M, Roadmaster shocks, Centramatic balancers, TST 507-6 TPMS, Furrion Observation camera, Air-Flex Pin Box, Snappads, Ultra-Fab 2.5” x 3” rollers, Putco 60" Blade LED Tail light bars
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW Lariat, B&W 25K Companion Hitch, Firestone Ride-Rite air bags / compressor, Bakflip MX4 bed cover, Rough Country Grille lights, Ranchhand full bumper and grill

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewssteve View Post
    Just got off the phone with Centramatic. For my 16" RV wheels, they recommend the 300-318 A model. The B model is for truck wheels. I'm going to order a set. Will report on installation and performance after I get them installed.
    Got them installed. EZ-PEEZY. Just remove the wheel, place over the lugs, and reinstall the wheel. Hardest part was jacking the trailer up.

Ran them on a 2000 mile trip thru Michigan's UP. Can't say we noticed any difference in the ride or fall-out from shaking in the RV.

If the tires are actually balanced as the product claims, I'm sure the $200 price tag will get paid back in saving from not paying a shop to do traditional balancing and in better tire wear. And when I replace my existing tires in the next year or two, the Centramatic's stay with the wheels.

So I'm satisfied.

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    Somerset, WI

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed them on our trailer a couple months ago and we are very satisfied. We noticed a difference in the ride, the trailer seemed to bounce less especially on rough roads and we no longer need to push the furniture back into place when we set up camp. I'm sure that the results will vary based upon how out of balance your trailer tires are when you install them.

I can't understand either why someone would think that you don't need to balance trailer tires.
    Balancing tires will help
    minimize wear and tear on the tires. It will also reduce the friction build up in the tire caused by all the unnecessary bouncing around. I'm also hoping that it will also reduce tire breakdown and blow outs.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious to know if anyone has done an experiment, such as riding in the trailer prior to balancing the tires and then again after they were balanced. I too, was told by a local shop that they did not need to be balanced. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but my other half has not done enough driving with the trailer yet.
    As a side note, we rarely exceed 65 mph.
    Gordo Fuchs
    Northfield, Ohio 44067
    2015 305RE Moryde I/S, Electric/hydraulic disc brakes
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast