User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be the exception. Most of my batteries have lasted around eleven years. One exception was a sudden failure less than five years old. It had an open in a cell. No voltage at all. The vehicle was parked 5 minutes prior. I am about to turn 79, so I've had lots of vehicles. I am surprised so many people have had short battery lives. The last one I replaced was last year in my skid steer, the machine is an '02, so the original lasted sixteen years! That was a record for me.
    2014 303 RLS
    2017 F450, Air suspension, Aluminum tow body, B&W hitch
    3rd family member - Labradoodle

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom&Joan View Post
    I must be the exception. Most of my batteries have lasted around eleven years. One exception was a sudden failure less than five years old. It had an open in a cell. No voltage at all. The vehicle was parked 5 minutes prior. I am about to turn 79, so I've had lots of vehicles. I am surprised so many people have had short battery lives. The last one I replaced was last year in my skid steer, the machine is an '02, so the original lasted sixteen years! That was a record for me.

Tom if you're coming to the National Rally I'd like to park next to you...I need some of your luck to rub off on me. LOL.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update...

I went to Walmart and bought the Everstart batteries, the same CCA's that came from the factory. We are in remote AR and basically have WM or Autozone to choose from.

Red
    Last edited by el Rojo; 07-31-2019 at 06:55 AM.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have nothing but bad luck with Walmart batteries. I use Interstate in both truck and 5er.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I have nothing but bad luck with Walmart batteries. I use Interstate in both truck and 5er.
    I usually purchase my batteries at Walmart. They used to have a 5 year free replacement and 9 year prorated warranty. They now have just a 3 year free replacement but it gets so hot here is Las Vegas I generally will get at least one free battery during the free replacement warranty
    2018 297RSTS
    2018 GMC Denali HD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get what you pay for especially with batteries. Odyssey extreme series are one of the best https://www.odysseybattery.com/batte....aspx?type=CAR

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I wonder... if the batteries in my Ford ever went dead, could I throw 2 of my 12v lithium batteries in as a temporary substitute?

[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The average auto battery life in Florida is 28 months, due to the heat. I work at a Jaguar/LR dealership where only AGM batteries are used. I use an AGM battery in my F150 and as soon as my current RV house batteries get a little older, I’ll change to Interstate AGM. FWIW. Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also looking at new batteries my motorcraft batteries are starting with the excessive corrosion on terminals and hold downs. Dealer tested both said they were still good. Charged me $160 to clean up terminals and do alternator and battery test (ripoff). This is the second motorcraft replaced 1/20 same issue first one had but that was replaced under warranty. Looks like out of luck with dealer.

I saw that Walmart batteries are now being manufactured by Johnson Controls as of 2021. Might be giving them a try can’t be any worse than motorcraft

https://querysprout.com/who-makes-everstart-batteries/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have since switched to Duracell Ultra Batts, 78AH, AGM Deep Cell Model SLI24MAGMDC. No more adding water monthly. 30 month no prorate replacement guarantee.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast