User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris, I’ve been thinking about the power yeti as well. Seems like the slightly larger Yeti positioned over by the chairs would work well. I would use the inverter for other plugs inside the rig.

Steve, looking forward to learning more about the inverter setup.
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 07-19-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Kim, Sharon,
    Not sure why you can't get to it. I can on iPhone and laptop...

anyway.... here is the URL: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...light=inverter
    gbkims to the rescue! That's a nice setup T-dawg.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbkims View Post
    Link that works: points to thread 17430
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-amp-Sub-Panel
    hxxps://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/17430-Installed-New-Inverter-Batteries-amp-Sub-Panel

Link that doesn't: points thread 17429
    hxxps://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/17429-Installed-New-Inverter-(and-sub-panel)?highlight=inverter
    Gene,
    Thanks! My original link pointed only to a post within the main thread and not the entire post. Not sure why it still couldn't be reached by you and others yet I could. But the next time I post a link I'll check that it points to more than just a post within a thread.

Live-and-learn.... and now back to the main topic.... recliners and no power.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Traveldawg, beautiful setup, very nicely done.

Currently I'm looking at a 310GK that does not have an inverter to start with. However because my DW is processing the concept that this RV must last us 7-10 years, we need to special order one with at the very least the Generator Prep package. Going down this path means there will likely be other things added to the list, and an inverter makes a lot of sense.

Tall Paul - thanks for thinking about my Goal Zero idea. If I can confirm the chair batteries would work, that seems like the solution that's closest to "set it, and forget it"

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaChris View Post
    Traveldawg, beautiful setup, very nicely done.

Currently I'm looking at a 310GK that does not have an inverter to start with. However because my DW is processing the concept that this RV must last us 7-10 years, we need to special order one with at the very least the Generator Prep package. Going down this path means there will likely be other things added to the list, and an inverter makes a lot of sense.

Tall Paul - thanks for thinking about my Goal Zero idea. If I can confirm the chair batteries would work, that seems like the solution that's closest to "set it, and forget it"

Best regards,
    Chris
    Chris,
    My thoughts on having a generator option installed versus the prep package versus none of the above was this...

All this has to taken with the knowledge that my previous rig, a Class A, had a generator and I used it every time we went someplace vs. the dash air. Other than that we used it very little.

Generator installed option:
    Weight - figured I didn’t want to always carry it.
    Fuel - my understanding it uses a lot of propane
    Maintenance - oil, filters probably yearly or based on hrs - more $$

Prep option:
    Includes wiring for a transfer switch but I could do that myself.
    Includes a box in the front bay for the generator - takes up space I might want for myself.

No genie, no prep.....
    I can do what I did.... more batteries, better converter, self installed xfer switch.

Now I can leave my Honda 2000s home for short trips and carry them (as I am now) for long trips. Or just take one if I want some “insurance” for just in case on the short trips.

We left home in mid April. So far we used the generators 2 nights. And one of those nights we only used 1 just to keep batteries topped off and I probably could have done the same for the other night we used them.

We don’t intentionally dry camp (but we could) so I don’t have a lot of need for a generator. I already had the Honda’s (from about 3 RVs ago) when we did dry camp at least one week a year so I didn’t have that expense. I do have to carry about 2 gallons of gas in which stays in the bed of the truck when traveling and in the shade near the camper when stopped.

Just figured I’d give you my logic for what decisions I made. Good luck, happy shopping, and I hope you get things figured out.
    Larry KE4DMG

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just figured I’d give you my logic for what decisions I made. Good luck, happy shopping, and I hope you get things figured out.
    I thoroughly appreciate your logic and how that's worked out for you. While I've become comfortable with some DIY modifications to my current travel trailer, I've yet to delve into the electric system. Maybe over time our Solitude will encourage me to do so.

We made a trip to another dealer this weekend and arrived at a satisfactory price on a 2020 with generator prep, heat pump AC, and full body paint. We believe this unit was mostly still getting prepped for the lot, so the interior was in better shape than any GD we've seen yet. We already gave them a sort of punch list of things to do and fix while they do their official PDI. I also negotiated for two 6V batteries instead of the default single 12V unit.

Now we have to finalize on the tow vehicle. There were a few things I loved on the RAM 3500 we drove Fri/Sat, but the deal breaker on that is the hump in the front passenger footwell. My wife could not get comfortable, so we're working a Ford F350 deal. Although RAM has some beautiful bells and whistles, what I'll miss the most is the MegaCab. We travel with our dogs in crates and with the rear seats folded flat, we could arrange 2 large crates North-South. And that's how we did it in the Honda Odyssey and now the Expedition EL. We'll have to go East-West in the Ford and downsize the crates if we want two in there. The good news will be having them closer to the ground.

Best regards,
    Chris
    2020 Solitude 310GK FBP
    2019 Ford F350 SRW CCSB AUH
    Former Rig - 2013 North Trail FBS22
    2013 Expedition EL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the recliners actually work off the 110V (I know they plug into 110V) or do they use a power brick to drop the voltage to 12V? I don't have any info about the recliners in my 310

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    Do the recliners actually work off the 110V (I know they plug into 110V) or do they use a power brick to drop the voltage to 12V? I don't have any info about the recliners in my 310
    I just checked mine.... 29VDC
    Larry KE4DMG

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just checked mine.... 29VDC
    Man, I really need to learn about this stuff better.

I know about my systems 12v DC and it’s 110v AC - but how do you create 29v DC?
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 07-22-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Search Amazon for a "Boost Converter" that fits the voltage and current requirements.
    Something like this should work > https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Conve...gateway&sr=8-4
    I plan to do this myself in the near future.
    Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya - Follow us at rctravels.rmcd.ca
    2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, Cerbo GX, 6x Battle Born 100AH, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
    2023 GMC Sierra Duramax Denali 4x4 DRW Longbox Crew Cab, Curt Q25

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast