User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tall Paul View Post
    Man, I really need to learn about this stuff better.

I know about my systems 12v DC and it’s 110v AC - but how do you create 29v DC?
    Hi Tall Paul,
    Most electronic gizmos with a 110V plug don't run at that voltage. Often there is a transformer just inside the housing where the chord enters, to reduce the voltage and convert it to DC current. The transformer has a label on it specifying the primary and secondary voltages, max amperage draw etc.

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A small 100W inverter would be enough to run the recliners. Just wire it to the batteries with an inline fuse. Super cheap and easy.
    FWIW when we had power recliners in our SOB we bought the optional battery back up. $100. It would easily run the recliners for 4-5 days. IIRC it would cycle 50-100 in and outs. Unless you live in your recliners you really don't cycle that much in a day.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpo View Post
    Hi Tall Paul,
    Most electronic gizmos with a 110V plug don't run at that voltage. Often there is a transformer just inside the housing where the chord enters, to reduce the voltage and convert it to DC current. The transformer has a label on it specifying the primary and secondary voltages, max amperage draw etc.

Regards,
    Kevin
    thanks Kevin. The education continues.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a 1,000 watt inverter and had it wired up to power the chair and TV outlets. We had the dealer put it in when we bought our Solitude. I don’t remember exactly what it cost But I don’t think it was all that expensive. It works great when we’re boondocking.
    Steve & Patty
    2017 RAM 6.7L Diesel
    2018 375RES
    One Fantastic Wife and Three Lazy Dogs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My quick solution is like the GoalZero Yeti, but an Inergy Kodiak solar generator. It is a large lithium battery with built in small inverter. Plug it in the trailer with 30amp adapter and you have 110V for low power things like the recliner. If you want to leave it up, then you need to be able to disconnect you Converter so you don’t loose power to just recharging your 12v batteries. I use it mainly for our Select Number bed pump when we dry camp. The inverter options mentioned are the best long term solution, but this is an off the shelf get on the road now solution. I also then have a backup generator for the house refrig if we have a major power outage. You can recharge the Inergy Kodiak with solar.
    Jerry
    2019 GD 2930RL
    2019 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SRW 4x4 Ford Ultimate Tow Package, Cameras and Trailer TPMS
    w/ Andresen Ultimate Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Get the newest order form and see the solar power option.

It will include a large inverter that powers the recliner outlets, and more.
    Steve - I don’t see this online. Can you only see it by talking with a dealer? Can’t you give us any specifics what is included and list price?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have a 2020, 2930RL. The recliners and TV are 110AC. I figured I could install a 300 watt pure sign wave inverter to easily handle everything. I talked to my wife about it and her response was "can I run my hair dryer". So I installed a 2200 watt inverter that I could connect solar panels to. The nice thing about the 2930RL is the battery charger is a separate unit that plugs into an outlet behind the panel in the storage area. I installed the inverter near the batteries (I added a second battery), ran a power cable into the storage area and wire it to the outlet of a combo switch/outlet receptacle. I then wired the outlet that powers the battery charger to the switch of the cobo switch/outlet receptacle. I also installed a remote inverter switch. When dry camping, I use the switch to turn off the battery charger, turn on the inverter, and connect an extension cord between the outlet and the trailer power cord. The combo switch/outlet is white (could not find a black one). The black outlet is original.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20190725_20_03_53_Pro.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	21609

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123