User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AC thermostat setting after power outage

We left the coach this AM to come home, will return in about 3 weeks. Set both AC T Stats to High Cool/Auto with temp setting at 78F. After I locked up the rig and was ready to leave, I remembered that I wanted to unplug power cord to re-route it better before leaving. So, breaker off, unplug, reposition cord, plug in, breaker on.

Left and after we got 3 hours down the road (we live 6 hours away) I then wondered ....Duh....did interrupting power cause the T stats to reset to some default or did they go back to my last setting??

Anyone know?
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    We left the coach this AM to come home, will return in about 3 weeks. Set both AC T Stats to High Cool/Auto with temp setting at 78F. After I locked up the rig and was ready to leave, I remembered that I wanted to unplug power cord to re-route it better before leaving. So, breaker off, unplug, reposition cord, plug in, breaker on.

Left and after we got 3 hours down the road (we live 6 hours away) I then wondered ....Duh....did interrupting power cause the T stats to reset to some default or did they go back to my last setting??

Anyone know?
    I'm going to say it turned it off. Hope I'm wrong, for your sake.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    I'm going to say it turned it off. Hope I'm wrong, for your sake.
    Yep, I hope you are wrong. I may give Grand Design a call tomorrow and see what they say. In my last two RV's, the Coleman/AirXcel t-stats were 12 volt and continued to display even when shore power went off.

I do have options for having someone check on the rig for me but it would require they get a key for the coach from the dealer which is only 1/2 mile away from the RV park.
    Last edited by KirbyRVA; 07-16-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stats are 12 volt.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience they have retained their last setting after unhooking and re hooking. Kind of the same thing, unplug the power, turn it back on, the stats retained their settings.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks folks. I saw on AirXcel website that they now have a Bluetooth version of the t-stats I have in my rig. Apparently you can then monitor and change temps from your smartphone. That would be a nice feature for us. Will check on that.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 Solitude and after a power outage I realized the thermostats stayed off after the power came back on. Is there a way to over ride this? I would hate to be gone for a couple weeks and the AC be off.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Thanks folks. I saw on AirXcel website that they now have a Bluetooth version of the t-stats I have in my rig. Apparently you can then monitor and change temps from your smartphone. That would be a nice feature for us. Will check on that.
    Just a thought about the Bluetooth option..... BT has a max range of about 1200 feet depending on the type of BT, most are about 300 feet. BT is intended for nearby communication, not over a long distance.

I tested the operation.... set to Fan HI on both A/Cs; tripped off power; waited 1 minute; turned power back on; A/C fans came back on immediately upon return of power. Since they are 12v I expected this. Just know that if the compressor had been running it would have been a short time before they started again after the power failure as they have a time delay to prevent damage; but the fan would come back on immediately just the same.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 10-29-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods