User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    So you only need to cut the power once? As long as you keep the refrigerator on? Cut power at 10pm on Friday and every other day it will defrost at 10pm. Correct?
    Cut power once....remember the 1st defrost is 60 hours later....so 10 pm would be 10 am every other day......make sense?
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Cut power once....remember the 1st defrost is 60 hours later....so 10 pm would be 10 am every other day......make sense?
    Yes. It does

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added this to our fridge this spring. Last year we saw temps in the 38-44 range and this year it stays between 33-35 degrees. Just had a trip this weekend with it in the low 90's and the fridge was on the SW side so it was in the hot sun all day. It's been great so far. Quick and easy install.

https://rvcoolingunit.com/RM1350-4-D...-P5920372.aspx

We have the Dometic 12cu ft / 4 door fridge in the slide on a '19 303RLS.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My GD 29RS Reflection came with a 12V fan pushing air the top refrigerator vent, so far refrigerator has maintained 40 and freezer keeps things frozen and makes ice cubes. Gotta love my 29RS.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zenasboy View Post
    I added this to our fridge this spring. Last year we saw temps in the 38-44 range and this year it stays between 33-35 degrees. Just had a trip this weekend with it in the low 90's and the fridge was on the SW side so it was in the hot sun all day. It's been great so far. Quick and easy install.

https://rvcoolingunit.com/RM1350-4-D...-P5920372.aspx

We have the Dometic 12cu ft / 4 door fridge in the slide on a '19 303RLS.

I also added one of these. Although the digital readout on the fridge says the temperatures are lower that may not be the case. I put several remote thermometers inside the fridge with this fan on and it actually drove the temps up. I was really hoping this would make a difference, but I’m not so convinced yet.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    I also added one of these. Although the digital readout on the fridge says the temperatures are lower that may not be the case. I put several remote thermometers inside the fridge with this fan on and it actually drove the temps up. I was really hoping this would make a difference, but I’m not so convinced yet.
    That's interesting. I've wondered how accurate the digital display is is but haven't verified it with an independent one. I will say this, my beer seems colder and our water pitcher that we keep filled also seems to get colder quicker; before the fans things just didn't seem cold enough too me.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use one of these as well on the bottom of the fridge.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-A10-.../dp/B002N5W8Q4

Half of the problem with the fridges is the lack of circulation. This little fan near the bottom circulates the cold air sitting at the bottom and pushes it up towards the top of the fridge.

I have been using the same for 6 years now and it works great still. Sometimes I forget to turn the fan off and the thing runs for a month straight before I realize it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV-Fridge-Fan-Refrigerator-Air-Fan-Mini-Fridge-Circulation-Battery-Powered-Refrigerator-Fan-0.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	21691

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zenasboy View Post
    That's interesting. I've wondered how accurate the digital display is is but haven't verified it with an independent one. I will say this, my beer seems colder and our water pitcher that we keep filled also seems to get colder quicker; before the fans things just didn't seem cold enough too me.
    I’m still messing with mine so not giving up yet...a cold beverage is my goal!
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123