Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2930 King Bed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2930 King Bed

Does anyone have the 2930RL with a king bed? I’ve seen just a few photos and the space between the bed and the wall looks pretty darn small.

I’m wondering if an Olympic Queen (6” wider than a normal queen but 6” narrower than a normal king) would work giving more room to get around the bed.

At 6’3” and fatter than I should be, I’d like a little more room than a normal queen.
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 07-17-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t forget a RV king is not a full size king. My King bed in the trailer is 80 long and 72 wide.
    Trailer: 2019 Solitude S-Class 3740BH
    Old trailer: 2016 Outdoors RV Creekside 27DBHS (Sold)
    Old trailer: 2010 Heartland Sundance 3300RLB (always leaked, then rotted! Layout was good, but build was junk.)
    Old trailer: 1992 Prowler 5th 27.5N

Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie Aisin
    Old truck: 2012 Ram 3500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 SRW Laramie 68RFE
    Old truck: 2003 Ram 3500 Cummins QuadCab 4x4 SRW Laramie 6spd

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcdiesel View Post
    Don’t forget a RV king is not a full size king. My King bed in the trailer is 80 long and 72 wide.
    I didn’t know that. That’s a hybrid between the normal king and California king. The Olympic Queen (which I’ve only read about) would still gain us 6” of width for sleeping and more space to the wall.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one with a king in the 2930?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do not have the king option. We replaced the crappy original mattress with a standard queen, larger than a RV queen. With the king option, you get the smaller curb side bed stand, and you may have to trim the platform to get your desired results. Maybe visit a mattress store and see if a standard queen will fit your needs. Neither my wife and I are small people, but we have enough room for our needs.
    [/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tall. Paul,
    We just ordered a 2930rl with a king and are having second thoughts. Concerned about the space between the bed and the wall, and the ability to make the bed. Sure hope someone replies.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a new 2930RL in October with the king already in it., We were not sure we would like the King because it is tight on one side only. (my side, hah!) After having it and camping in it about four trips we are so glad we do. I believe the extra room is a nice trade off, I try to help her change the sheets. If you don't like the King it is an easy switch, you just saw the plywood the mattress is on and replace with whatever you want. You just end up with a smaller night stand on one side. At least that's the way ours is set up. Hope this helps.