User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Solitude 310 GK Water Ingression in the storage area

I have noticed some water ingression in the storage area and can't figure out where it is coming from. This has happened twice since purchasing the Camper. HELP

Thanks for all the replies. I have checked all the water connections behind the panel and all is fine. What I did notice, is this water ingress happened after heavy rain storms.
    Last edited by carlofig; 07-18-2019 at 05:25 AM.
    2017 2500HD Silverado
    2018 310 GK-R Solitude

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks of area to check...

Is it around the doors? From the water system? Which storage area? Pass through or front compartment?

Could be a door seal, could be the actual latch.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also have a loose water pipe connection behind the Nautilus panel. I’d definitely check that by removing the removable access panel in the storage compartment. We haven’t had any problems like that with our 310gk, but did with a prior camper. Not easy to trace the source of water like that. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Holger & Corinne
    Granite Bay, CA

2019 Solitude 310gk w/goosebox conversion
    towed by 2012 Ford F450 Lariat crew cab 4x4
    Bilstein shocks, Air-ride air bags
    2 independent on-board Viair compressors w/2.5 gal. air tank
    Boston Whaler 21' Outrage when not towing 5'er

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlofig View Post
    I have noticed some water ingression in the storage area and can't figure out where it is coming from. This has happened twice since purchasing the Camper. HELP
    If the water isn't concentrated near one of the doors your next most-likely candidates are all in the utility area BEHIND your Nautilus panel. Have you dropped the partition to look in there?

If not, the fabric-covered rear wall in your basement has an angled section. Six screws secure it to the other two panels of the wall. Remove them and the angled piece lifts away to reveal a mess of wires, plumbing, and equipment.

The first places to look are the connections at the water pump on the floor behind the Nautilus panel, and the many connections at and near the back of the Nautilus panel. Jiggle these gently while connected to water and see if you can find leaks.

Also examine the drains and vents - thick black PVC pipes running through the area - while someone flushes the toilet and pours water down the shower and sink drains.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    If the water isn't concentrated near one of the doors your next most-likely candidates are all in the utility area BEHIND your Nautilus panel. Have you dropped the partition to look in there?

If not, the fabric-covered rear wall in your basement has an angled section. Six screws secure it to the other two panels of the wall. Remove them and the angled piece lifts away to reveal a mess of wires, plumbing, and equipment.

The first places to look are the connections at the water pump on the floor behind the Nautilus panel, and the many connections at and near the back of the Nautilus panel. Jiggle these gently while connected to water and see if you can find leaks.

Also examine the drains and vents - thick black PVC pipes running through the area - while someone flushes the toilet and pours water down the shower and sink drains.

Good luck.
    Agree with this advice. I had water on the floor of my basement storage from day one. Removed the access panel and found the cold water inlet to water heater was leaking.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carlofig View Post
    I had water in the pass thru since new. Not much & not constantly...drove me nuts. The clear screw on filter housing on the strainer (on the water pump) was screwed down way too tight & it had a hairline crack at the base. Got one on Amazon...seems to have worked, no leaks since. Mark had good advise, also check the soft hose connections, it's not if they leak but when.
    Good luck
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they would have fixed this problem. I have 2015 Solitude 369RL. After rain I would find water in the storage area close to the wall. I was told to place chalk on the screws that hold the door frame in. I did and it fixed it. I only chalked the screws on the bottom portion of the door frame.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advise. Yesterday I removed the lower door frame screws and noticed water in the panel frame. I applied silicone and reinstalled the screws. I’m hoping this is solves the ingress.
    2017 2500HD Silverado
    2018 310 GK-R Solitude