User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FiverNurse. You've got a lot of good folks hanging with on this. Keep us in the loop and we will support you!

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried calling GD. I know they don't have to do anything but you never know. Could be these problems have been reported to GD from when it was under warranty and is an ongoing deal. Like I said it could be worth the call. The worst they can do is say no. Nothing ventured nothing gained. When you do call have your vin ready.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So whatever happened to these folks?
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're having the same issues. The difference is we bought from a private owner who lied about the year of the RV. He advertised as a 2018 Solitude...when we received the title it's a 2017. We did lots of research (2 years worth) before we bought. We thought the GD was the best fulltime rig as well.
    However we did purchase an extended warranty right after we signed papers. I had read enough horror stories to believe it was necessary. It was a pretty big discussion here. Thank goodness we did but it's still left an incredibly bad taste in our mouth that an RV of this "caliber" shouldn't be having this level of problems at this stage of the game.
    The upside? The warranty is transferable to next owner. We'll get rid of it sometime in the spring. And look at a Vanleigh.
    It's a terrible feeling to think that I did all this research, had 2 inspections prior to purchase and it's not worth more than 60% of what we paid. Makes us think we should've bought new and eaten the depreciation instead of just losing money this way.
    And before someone mentions "passing on the issues to the next owner "...we've repaired things as we've run into them. It's more of a huge disappointment to us.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beechbaby View Post
    We're having the same issues. The difference is we bought from a private owner who lied about the year of the RV. He advertised as a 2018 Solitude...when we received the title it's a 2017. We did lots of research (2 years worth) before we bought. We thought the GD was the best fulltime rig as well.
    However we did purchase an extended warranty right after we signed papers. I had read enough horror stories to believe it was necessary. It was a pretty big discussion here. Thank goodness we did but it's still left an incredibly bad taste in our mouth that an RV of this "caliber" shouldn't be having this level of problems at this stage of the game.
    The upside? The warranty is transferable to next owner. We'll get rid of it sometime in the spring. And look at a Vanleigh.
    It's a terrible feeling to think that I did all this research, had 2 inspections prior to purchase and it's not worth more than 60% of what we paid. Makes us think we should've bought new and eaten the depreciation instead of just losing money this way.
    And before someone mentions "passing on the issues to the next owner "...we've repaired things as we've run into them. It's more of a huge disappointment to us.
    If you have worked through all the issues I don't understand why you would then decide to get out of the unit at a loss. The Tiffan is a nice unit, but you should expect to have issues with a new unit. My 2019 has been back for repairs three times for stuff that has nothing to do with GD and everything to do with the poor quality of the appliances from Dometic. It is just all part of RV ownership. There is nothing cheap about owning an RV. JMHO
    2019 Imagine 2600 RB
    2016 Ford F350 CCLB SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that. Try thinking about it this way...liken it to buying an expensive car. It gets wrecked and repaired. But that car is never going to be the same in your eyes.
    We have wood trim that's coming off. We've had to replace the living room ac. The bedroom TV has never worked (the original owner never had it looked at). The fridge has been repaired I believe 3 times. We have fuses that have been installed incorrectly.
    We've fixed the issues as we've run into them. But having to do this much repair on a unit this new should never happen. It's left a terrible taste in our mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was the name of your salesman in Ocala?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoodwinked

Quote Originally Posted by FiverNurse View Post
    My girlfriend and I are travel nurses and decided to take the plunge into full time RV living. I did a tremendous amount of research and (as i assume everybody else here did) found that Grand Design was the best way to go for an RV. The GD community is strong, people have alot of good to say about their customer service and their RV quality. We bought a 2015 Reflection 337 RLS from a GD dealer in Ocala, FL. Within the first week of living in the unit we discovered that both slides in the living room leak and the floors have water damage and need replaced, the A/C in the livingroom throws a "compressor overload" code and shuts off, and we have a leak into the underbelly from the sink in the kitchen. The worst part is all of these issues were definitely there with the last owners. The A/C book has the code circled and notes where they spoke with repair men, the slides have some type of rubber tacked on where somebody did a shoddy job trying to fix the leak, and the underbelly sags and has a big piece of tape on it where somebody cut it to look at the leak. I called the dealer and they said they couldn't do anything because I didnt buy a warranty even though all the issues were there before they had it. I chose to go without the warranty because it was $5000 and I said i would never put that much maintenance into this unit, I would just sell it and get another if thats what needs to be done. Unfortunately it looks like i will have to replace the unit as i do not feel it would be a good investment to fix all these issues on this unit. I am disappointed because I really believed in GD and now im feeling like maybe a Montana or Cougar may be a better investment. Just not really sure what to do at this point.
    Take my advice and find yourself a later model Hitchhiker and get rid of that GD.After I bought a NEW 337RLS in 2017 I had nothing but problems from day one..and the dealer would do nothing...nor would GD.I finally got rid of the thing and will never look at another new anything,especially GD,because of poor quality control and shabby warranty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fivernurse, First let me say that I am so sorry for your trouble. Second let me say that you got screwed! There are always little problems when you buy a used RV, but you were sold one that was basically non functional. Sure, you probably should have had the unit inspected or at least tried everything out before you bought it, but the dealer pulled a fast one on you. If I were in your situation, I would follow the above advice, get an estimate for repairs, contact GD and let them know about this unscrupulous dealer, contact the dealership owner or manager to try to negotiate. If they are unwilling to work with you, I would hire an attorney. I normally don't like working with attorneys, and I know you signed an "as is" clause in your contract, but the dealer was clearly misrepresenting the piece of junk he sold you.
    And don't give up on GD. We looked at every brand of fifth wheel on the market, drove to 30 or 40 dealerships, all the time looking at used trailers. GD was by far the best quality trailer we looked at for the money.
    I wish you the best of luck, Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Booneyrat View Post
    Take my advice and find yourself a later model Hitchhiker and get rid of that GD.After I bought a NEW 337RLS in 2017 I had nothing but problems from day one..and the dealer would do nothing...nor would GD.I finally got rid of the thing and will never look at another new anything,especially GD,because of poor quality control and shabby warranty.
    ...the dealer would do nothing...nor would GD. That is hard to believe.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast