Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog ramp

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dog ramp

We have a 2019 F-350 Superduty with the full 4 door super crew cab. I wonder if any of you use a ramp to get your dog up in to the rear floor of the cab. The seat will be folded up for travel. Our dog is getting quite elderly and needs assistance getting in and out. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a “Solvit delux” purchased from chewy.com. Works for the rear door of my ram 2500 and also to the tailgate or to the rv steps. Light weight and sturdy and stores cross bed against the tail gate conveniently.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the telescoping one ? We saw one on Chewy hat we liked. The problem is the rear door does not open a full 90 degrees and the ramp would be at an angle. There is a kit that you can get but I'm not sure how well it works. Thanks for the reply.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had both the folding and telescoping. Both are at a bit of an angle, no way around it. Of the 2 we like the Solvit telescoping one better.

You'll have to get the deluxe to get one long enough or you have a step angle, then the dog won't use it. We haven't had it fall yet. Just be sure it's snug h up as far as it can.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use an older (bought for previous dog) telescoping, fairly wide ramp (with small sides) that we use for our 12 year old goldendoodle. I don’t think our ramp is still made, as I could not find it online just now. It fits just fine in the back door opening of our F350, but at a slight angle. The ramp lives in the truck bed during RV travels.

We also use it for the pup to get up and down from the trailer, but on the steps, not to the door which would make it really steep.

Ah, I think I found it: https://www.ebay.com/i/152518829699?...SABEgJoM_D_BwE

It doesn’t appear to still be made, but it should give the OP an idea of what might work.
    Last edited by MtnGuy; 07-17-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also use the Solvit telescoping version. Same exact issue. Our doggie is 14 and has really bad arthritis. We have a Silverado 3500 crew cab. Same thing with the door opening at an angle, but that hasn't been a problem. We have the ramp going all the way up to the seat (we don't put that up for travel). The angle hasn't been a problem. We like the Solvit because it not only telescopes out to a long length so the height of the truck is okay, but it's also wide. Because of the arthritis, the doggie's hind legs are out wider than normal. It makes it possible for her to travel with us...and she LOVES the RV. She can't wait to get in the trailer when we're set up...and the ramp works well for getting into the RV too!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good info, thank you all for replying. Harper appreciates the info too. We will travel with the rear set folded up, she has one side and the cats have their carrier on the other side

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased the Solvit telescoping one and we really like it. Harper......not so much. She does get treats though so that's always a good thing. She goes to the vet tomorrow and we will see what he advises about her future. It's so hard to see them age like this but we are doing everything we can to make her comfortable. Thank you all for your replies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer58 View Post
    Good info, thank you all for replying. Harper appreciates the info too. We will travel with the rear set folded up, she has one side and the cats have their carrier on the other side
    Being a dog lover I hope the kitties get the 40%, and Harper gets the 60%....
    Our dogs have always been able to get his/her front paws up to the truck/SUV floor. I usually get to lift the rear end up to get them in. Our current Saint is the lightest we’ve ever had, about 130 pounds, none of them (3 Saints, a Pyre and a Newfie) would use a ramp. I think you have to start using a ramp when they are young. Good luck finding a solution for your fur baby.
    Judy & Larry
    Ty and Ali the St Bernard drool machines
    Delta, British Columbia, GWN
    2019 Imagine 2150RB - lovingly christened “IM-A-GENE” towed by Dusty via Andersen 3350.
    2018 F150 SCREW 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat - respectfully christened “Dusty”.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer58 View Post
    We purchased the Solvit telescoping one and we really like it. Harper......not so much. She does get treats though so that's always a good thing. She goes to the vet tomorrow and we will see what he advises about her future. It's so hard to see them age like this but we are doing everything we can to make her comfortable. Thank you all for your replies.
    Great choice for a ramp. It is tough to watch our dogs get old. Our remaining Aussie has suddenly turned into an old dog (13 yrs in Nov) and to top it off he recently re - tore his ACL.
    Vet visit coming up for him too.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast