User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    I use this one, 2.5 gal is plenty big for me, I use it when my solar gets no sun.

https://www.amazon.com/No-Spill-1405...gateway&sr=8-4

We use this style too.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found I can get almost a week out of the tank in the generator running it 2 to 3 hours a day. If it's going to rain for a week I'm going home anyway so no need for extra gas.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKI367BHS View Post
    When I haul fuel I use one of these. These are a bit pricy but they also don't vent (until spring pressure is reached but it's a high. I've never seen one vent even in hot sun in AZ ) or spill. They have a yellow funnel that hooks on and seals easily, allowing you to see what you are pouring and with the valve you can throttle the flow out as your device tank gets close to full.

Been using these a long time in the USAF and own several for various fuel servicings around the property. No issues, and no cumbersome CARB bravo sierra to worry about. My tanks don't blow up like ballons and spill or have cumbersome vent type valves that are a PITA to use and spill.

I picked this site for the picture showing you the valve detail. Many pics of them on search eng with the yellow funnel.
    https://www.grainger.com/product/2W4...g!309118924260!
    I run my generator on propane, but these are the only cans I use at home now. They make a 5 and 2.5 gallon can, don’t leak and easy to stop the flow when getting close to full. Agree with the no CARB BS, I tried using one of those cans once and got gas everywhere.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a simple, old style, 5 gallon plastic gas "can"; one with a flexible nozzle on the front and a vent on the back that you unscrew to allow gas to flow out easily. I never had a problem with it venting but remove it from the bed of the truck once set up and put it in a shady spot until we travel again. I don't usually fill it totally either since I don't need 5 gallons for what we do. And I do have to be careful not to overfill and spill fuel all over the place when filling any of my gas engine machines.

A friend has just recommended the same "No Spill" Dopperud recommended and I was going to replace my 5 gallon container with a 2.5 gallon no-spill. But he didn't mention the part about it not venting. So now I'm not sure what I will do. He likes it very much for filling his Champion (I use Honda 2000's) as it is in his front bay and is hard to refill so the no spill feature works great.

One more thing, he thinks the Champion guzzles fuel when he runs his air conditioning. Not sure what that means but on the up side he loves the auto start.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopperud View Post
    I use this one, 2.5 gal is plenty big for me, I use it when my solar gets no sun.

https://www.amazon.com/No-Spill-1405...gateway&sr=8-4
    Have the same in the 5 gal model. Works great
    John & Joanne
    2018 Solitude 374TH
    2018 GMC 3500HD Duramax CC DRW
    2001 Harley Ultra Classic

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate all of your responses here. I just ordered the 2 gal. Justrite safety can. I felt it was the safest can out there. That is what I love about this site, lots of great advice and opinions. Thanks again, Boomer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomer58 View Post
    When we leave here to go full time in a couple months, we will be bringing our Champion generator. I have an older 5 gallon gas can (one that actually works) but it is not a safety can. I bought one a couple of years ago that spilled more gas than would go in the lawn mower and that was sent to the trash. I'll carry this in the bed of the truck and want something that will be safe for traveling. We don't anticipate using it much but it will be there if needed. Thanks.
    We've been using this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It's called -- Justrite 7250130 Galvanized Steel, AccuFlow Type II Red Safety Can with 1" Flexible Spout, Large ID zone, Meets OSHA & NFPA For Handling Hazardous liquids. 5 Gallon (19L) Size. We also have its diesel brother.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's like the one I ordered. It's the 2 gallon one and it should work fine. We start full timing in about a month and trying to get everything ready. Thank you for the reply.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12